• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA 70 Seat Rates and LOA 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing I see in the above post is.

ChinaClipperThis user is on your Ignore List.

Luv that feature.

ChinaClipper said:
put more Mainline USAir pilots outta work than Dave Segal, or so my US Mailine buds say. Anyway you look at it, the wholly-owneds are, and have been for quite a while, UNDERCUTTING and replacing USAir mainline jobs. Ahhh, the good old days! US Mainline bases in ROA, DAY etc, all UNDERCUT by the Wholly-owneds. It is really funny to hear WO types complaing when the undercutting affects THEM, not when they are BENEFITTING from undercutting people with better jobs. Moan all ya want, but youy are Out Mesa-ing you own breathren.Just because its in the familiy hardely makes it any easier to take. BTW WN is kicking your shiney hypocritical a$$es in PHL, a Southwest guys said it best "Our best advertisement is normal USAir customer service" Maybe you should address your business plan.... A, B, or C, what ever your on, and compete??? Nahhh, just easier to whine about why it ain't Sept 10th anymore..... BTW Angry WO-types..please don't PM people ya don't agree with, seems kinda immature......even by the Regionals part of flightinfo standards........
China,

Just for the record, Mainline is a Wholly-Owned subsiderary of the US Airways Group, just like PDT, ALG, and PSA. Its all spelled out in black and white in every financial report ever printed, the mainline people just need to accept that fact. With that in mind Groups flying is Groups flying, and I could give a rats a$$ where it goes so long as it stays within the Group.

Now to say that PDT, ALG, and PSA are undercutting the Mainline, how do you figure? Where is my Airbus?, where is my 737? If Express where flying those planes, and for less, then sure, that would be undercutting. But flying those routes with LESS SEATS? I just don't see it.

Do we make less to fly those 50 seaters? Not really, wheres Mainlines pay rates for 50 seaters? No where. What should a 50 seat Capt. be making compaired to a 737 Capt.? Since just about every payscale at ALPA is based on the amount of seats in an aircraft, would it surprise you to know that that most 50 seat Capts. actually make more per hour per seat than some of the 737 Capts? So once again where is the undercutting.

I'll tell ya where, its at the Mainline under the name MidAtlantic, who are flying aircraft under the US Airways Express name using rates that another subisderary of the Group told Mgt. to stick where the sun don't shine.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even gonna bother.

Ignore list? Truth kinda hurts......

Flying a smaller plane where Mainline jets once flew is, even within the "group", is rationalizing a flawed concept. I am sure all the guys who are sitting at home, or in a J4J situation, feel much better that they were sold out from with in. Somehow, I feel that your management could care less about that or all the stupid thing they've done inthe last decade. Undercutting hardly means seat for seat, either. BTW This is also happening at ALL the legacy carriers. If you look at timetables from the early Ninties, you'll see what I mean. So be consistent, a loss of jobs is a loss of jobs. Undercut or not. To be fair, USAir had never really undergone a "rightsizing" after deregulation, a lot of East Coast Mainline flying INCREASED post-PSA, (more flawed management) so fixing it post-9-11 is especially painful. Flying 737's from CLT to GSP or FAY or GSO needed addressing, to be sure, but USAir Mainline guys are feeling that the cuts went too far....and at their expense....and the WO's/contract guys are benefitting. That is a fair statement. Is it a fair to say that they WO's have grown in the last decade?? BTW All this is academic if US fails, a possibility that is unfortunately drawing closer each day. WN is showing US how to do it outta PHL, F9 and AirTran et all, planes are oversold with people "...glad not to be on USAir..." All this with non-Regional type airplanes to places US has flown for years AND making cash. USAir's RJ's or Props can't compete, on service OR price over time, one look at the financials shows that.. So what is the solution? Not this immature bantering here, USAir needs a plan and FAST. The WO's can be a part of answer. I just hope you'll stay in business and that everyone who wants their job can keep it. You may not have to put me on the Ignore list, I don't know if I'll post from Iraq......but I'll ask if the Iraqi Airways pilots have been undercut by Johnny Ornstein yet.....

Last edited:
VaginaClipper i feel bad for anyone who has to share a flightdeck with you. If i had to fly with you I would take out the crash axe and kill myself so i did not have to listen to you talk. Do everyone a favor and shut up when you where at the regional level you where happy to get more routes and have growth occure. Now that you are all of a sudden on the other side of the fence you think you are better then the rest of us..... I have an idea go **** yourself

Are those 50 seat rates for Captain and FO that were posted at the beginning of this thread proposed or actual? If they were proposed and PSA pilots shot it down, what are the current rates for 50 seater?

Thanks and good luck to all of you at PSA. GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!

The 50 seat rate's that were posted are the actual rates. The pilots shot down the 700 rates.

Cool Thanks 328. Also have you guys given any thought about asking about the worst case scenario regarding USAir? Well to put it simply, If USAir dies, what happens to PSA and the CRJ orders that are coming your way?

Thanks!

If USAir dies, the future of PSA depends on what USAir decides to do with the WO's Assets.

At that time, we either keep the jet's we already have (hence the mad rush delivery order), or they are all returned to GE Capital and they would find suitable homes.

Just my 2 cent's.

328dude said:
At that time, we either keep the jet's we already have (hence the mad rush delivery order), or they are all returned to GE Capital and they would find suitable homes.
Seems like an excellent time to be shooting down LOA's pretaining to 200/700's there lefty.

Latest resources

Back