• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA 70 Seat Rates and LOA 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa pay's 1/2 of segment for DH and 100% of non-WX cancellations provided the controllable completion factor meets or exceeds 97.5% for the month.

We get nada for WX CXL's.

skeezer said:
Exactly.

Unfortunately I don't think now is the time to make a stand for industry leading rates.

Skeezer

I'd have to disagree Skeezer. Now is the perfect time. We've never had this moment and if we let this LOA pass we will always be giving in.

Just look at that thing and all the changes to our current CBA. All those changes minus maybe two or three are for the benenfit of the company, not for us. For the company to want those things and turn around and pay us "that" for it, I say not only no, but H$LL NO.

Now is our chance, if the company wants changes like those above, then they need to pay for it.

If that passes, it will earn even more "contract carrier" status for PSA...

The burning question is, What is the J4J staffing levels on the 701? I hope you got 50/50 and not that 100% stuff.

Mainline's LOA 91 gives us 50/50. Regarding the pay rates, is anybody naive enough to think we will be able to negotiate higher rates than MDA?

The rates you guys posted up there are nearly identical to the rates we make at Pinnacle for the 50-seater that were negotiated 5 years ago and is the same as our 44-seat rates we negotiated in September of 2001 (both expired just this month).

We're in negotiations now and are demanding anywhere from a 25% to 35% in actual pay raises, minimum day rigs, high speed rigs, 100% cancellation pay rigs, and 150% to 200% premium pay (for flying on days off). Because we're doubling our fleet size from what it was last year to what it will be next year, we have an excellent bargaining position, and so do you.

PSA is growing like crazy... There's an ad on Planejobs.com for CRJ-200 pilots, and during times like these, when the company NEEDS your approval to do something, you are in A UNIQUE BARGAINING SITUATION!

Please take advantage of it, for your own sakes and the sake of your profession. No one is saying you should hold out for industry leading, but you don't have to be within a few nickels of Mesa either. Best of luck, and God bless.

Time to put up or shut up........

Those payrates require a bit of squinting to distingush Mesa's payrates from PSA's. Throw in the fact you'll be a Captain in about 20 minutes at Mesa and this looks like a step back. Remember all the "Raise the Bar" and "We are all counting on you for the industries sake" BS? Time to put YOURSELF and YOUR JOB on the line, for the "good of the profession" This is what was expected of Mesa and they choked, albiet with an alter ego taking Mesa pilots jobs away DAILY, an all-out shyster attack and an uncertain future, not just threats about the work MAYBE going somewhere else. So folks, remember that its easy to talk about raising the bar when their is no skin off YOUR a$$, hopefully the perspective is a bit diffrerent now. Anyway you go, good luck. Just remember, we are all counting on YOU to do whats right for the profession. It appears that you'll be able to vote without having private investigators hunting you down if you dissent, a feeling I know A LOT about!!!!!!

Lear70 said:
The rates you guys posted up there are nearly identical to the rates we make at Pinnacle for the 50-seater that were negotiated 5 years ago and is the same as our 44-seat rates we negotiated in September of 2001 (both expired just this month).

We're in negotiations now and are demanding anywhere from a 25% to 35% in actual pay raises, minimum day rigs, high speed rigs, 100% cancellation pay rigs, and 150% to 200% premium pay (for flying on days off). Because we're doubling our fleet size from what it was last year to what it will be next year, we have an excellent bargaining position, and so do you.

PSA is growing like crazy... There's an ad on Planejobs.com for CRJ-200 pilots, and during times like these, when the company NEEDS your approval to do something, you are in A UNIQUE BARGAINING SITUATION!

Please take advantage of it, for your own sakes and the sake of your profession. No one is saying you should hold out for industry leading, but you don't have to be within a few nickels of Mesa either. Best of luck, and God bless.

Lear,

Just wanted to make sure I understood you correctely. In what I originally posted above I have our 50 seat rates that were concessionary prior to Bankruptcy (the only changes to those here are the addition from 2006 to 2008) and then the 70 seat rates follow. Are you saying that these 70 seat rates are the same as your 50 seat rates or are you saying that our 50 seat rates are the same as your 50 seat rates?

I hope you guys get everything you want. Some of what your going for we already have and it is nice to have it.

To everyone else,

Do I like these rates? No, but I dislike the rest of the LOA even more. Do these rates lower the bar? No, but they don't raise it either. They are simply Eagles 2004 rates, nothing more nothing less. I would like to see the FO pay come up more though.

I belive like most of you that now is our chance to fight for whats right. I just hope that I'm not alone. We know how much PSA makes and its about time we get our share.

Unfortunately I think there are way too many here that might not be willing to "rock the boat". But regardless if we get the pay to come up, those other changes in the LOA need to be taken out.

One other thing before I go. Don't forget that with the blended pay, we will be flying the 50 seaters for near 70 seat rates. At least there is one plus.

Take Care

wscrj said:
Mesa pay's 1/2 of segment for DH and 100% of non-WX cancellations provided the controllable completion factor meets or exceeds 97.5% for the month.

We get nada for WX CXL's.

That's terrible.

BTDII said:
Are you saying that these 70 seat rates are the same as your 50 seat rates or are you saying that our 50 seat rates are the same as your 50 seat rates?
Actually, you're right, I did look at it wrong. Our 50-seat rates are $8.00 per hour higher than yours (approximately) year for year, we don't have a 70-seat rate, but your 70-seat rate is about $3.00 per hour higher than our 50-seat rate.

I hope you guys get everything you want. Some of what your going for we already have and it is nice to have it.

Thanks, with the way our corporate culture is (hostile), we really need some work rules and ironclad contract provisions to protect our basic QOL.

Good luck to you guys too!

Latest resources

Back