• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's true that Netjets management should change the domicile situation anyways if they want to continually attract better and better pilots (and reduce attrition). It is clearly a bargaining chip.

Hmm????

RP 170

It is looking out for the new guys in the long run. We want everybody to have HBA's. Company can do that at the drop of a hat.

The people who have been here for years are in a better position to judge then the newhires. It may seem they are being "left behind", but nothing could be further then the truth.

Johnsonrod;

They are trying to use more bases as a bargaining chip. They need the change to get more pilots. They can do that at any time. Why are they even asking us? They are trying to gain ground by exchanging for something they need more then we do.

There has been no mention of increased wages at this point. I'm sure that is where the ca ca will really hit the fan.

Today 14:28

Wow... that would be nice for you and perhaps nice for Flex. Perhaps we will follow. I love it when you guys do all the work for us and we just tag along.

nice work!!!

RP 170

It is looking out for the new guys in the long run. We want everybody to have HBA's. Company can do that at the drop of a hat.

I understand that fact. The fact that people are going to say "I'm not voting" doesn't seem to display much unity. I respect the decision for someone to vote "no" or "yes" but why would you not vote?

I understand that fact. The fact that people are going to say "I'm not voting" doesn't seem to display much unity. I respect the decision for someone to vote "no" or "yes" but why would you not vote?

Perhaps he was being polite vs. saying he would vote no. For anyone who was at Netjets before homebasing was changed, evidently this contract does not provide anything new or valuable to them. There is no talk of monetary increase. NJA management is using the new domicile list as a carrot and as a negotiating chip despite the fact that they should provide more domiciles anyway to attract more qualified pilots and to stem current attrition. Management could just offer new domiciles but they haven't - they are using it as a bargaining chip for the newer pilots who have been restricted - unlike the homebased pilots.

For a senior pilot, the new offer really doesn't provide anything substantial for them incremental to what they already have (no talk about more cash)... So, in their minds, why consider more domiciles when money should be the first priority and the domicile situation doesn't impact them (they are already lucky to be homebased). I understand their viewpoint and they have worked hard to get Netjets to where it is now (the senior pilots had to sweat through the really hard times before the last contract) but the new guys are likley to feel slighted as a result.

I still think it is in the best interest of Netjets to offer better domiciles going forward - why lose out on better qualified pilots who refuse the current domicile list. Having more domiciles has worked well for Citationshares and Avantair...

Latest resources

Back