Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional pilots pay and non professional immigrants pay.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no problem flying for 50 seat pay. Call it "lowering the bar" but as long as there's pilots out there like myself, truck drivers will always make more cash than us.

Call me crazy but I just don't think 90k is anything to write home about these days. That should be on the low end of fo pay. We should be in the 200-300k range for an airline captain. I keep bringing this up on the boards but the AVERAGE ATC pay is 165k per year including benefits. Now lets assume benefits are worth 30k/year (high end) then that means the average air traffic controller makes at least 135k year cash! Pilots aren't even close to that on average. Airline pilots should be able to afford to buy a house in San Francisco, Lax, Sea, San, NY, Bos, etc just like all the doctors, lawyers, real estate agents, etc that live in those areas.

The guy who's friend was toughing it out at Morgan Stanely for a year probably has a much greater salary to look forward to than any present day pilot. He doesn't have to wait 10-15 years to upgrade and then worry about his company tanking. I think it's high time we stand up and put an end to this grovelling bs attitude that we're all just lucky to have a job and (even more annoying) "at least we don't have to work for a living." Sorry for the rant.

I don't know why are you guys only talking about truck drivers
anybody in general make more money than pilot.
that's my point

The airline executives are richer and their poor pilots still stuck in the same
hole. Trying to pay for their training and barely making a living.
is not about people form other countries screwing things up.
Right now the airlines would not even offer you a job if you not a citizen.
So is not the foreigner working for pennies is you the US citizens.
I now you guys never going to admit that sad reality.
I think a regional airline job to make a living these days don’t even think about it.
You’ll need two or three jobs to live an average life.

My question is why spend $50,000 or $80,000 in training to make
$19,000 or even $30,000 a year.

What happen to the good old days when an airline pilot job was a luxury or at least a great job equal or at the same level of a doctor or a lawyer.
You know at least the respect a PROFESSIONAL individual deserves. That means fear Pay and the way of living.

A TSA employee makes more money and he has the right to screw up your life just because he has the authority over pilots.

I am not saying flying a plane is bad . I mean let these regional airline pay that low is what I mean WHY THE PAY IS SO LOW?

se1776 said:
I am not saying flying a plane is bad . I mean let these regional airline pay that low is what I mean WHY THE PAY IS SO LOW?

Why is pay so low? I think it's pretty simple. I'll use this analogy.

Let's say I have 3 guys willing to mow my lawn.

One guy is charging $200 because he has a masters degree in horticulture.

One guy is charging $125 because he thinks he's worth it.

One guy is charging $75 because he needs a job.

I let all 3 do the lawn one time, and they all do a reasonable job. I am going to use the $75 dollar guy until he get's fed up and goes to drive a truck.

I will not pay $125 to have my lawn mowed until there is nobody willing to do it for $75.

prpjt said:
Why is pay so low? I think it's pretty simple. I'll use this analogy.

Let's say I have 3 guys willing to mow my lawn.

One guy is charging $200 because he has a masters degree in horticulture.

One guy is charging $125 because he thinks he's worth it.

One guy is charging $75 because he needs a job.

I let all 3 do the lawn one time, and they all do a reasonable job. I am going to use the $75 dollar guy until he get's fed up and goes to drive a truck.

I will not pay $125 to have my lawn mowed until there is nobody willing to do it for $75.

Thats where I come in. I'll mow it for 50

Just wait until management figures out how to outsource airplane driving. The official language on ATC will be Hindu.

erj-145mech said:
Just wait until management figures out how to outsource airplane driving. The official language on ATC will be Hindu.

People will tolorate calling customer service and getting India, but I don't think they would tolorate the pilots being outsourced (at least I hope they wouldn't).

J bar, THIS ONE IS 4 U!

Thanks for your professionalism and true erudition regarding my comments. I do not think you grasped the point of my posting. It clearly shows that during a career in the airlines you will make more money, even more than a truck driver. Not once did I ever state that I enjoy nor did I ever condone making the wages I am earning now. Do I think it sucks, yes. Do I feel underpaid? Yes. BUT, I know that I can't get something for nothing and it will require years of work to get their.

As for your comments regarding my self valuation, you are far from correct. I have seen both sides of the pay scale and with an advanced degree I have the option to pursue again the buck instead of actually enjoying my job. There are some things in life that are just more important to me than the tax bracket I fit into. Judging by your posts and your attitude I can tell you are young and do not yet realize what commitment and sacrifice will bring you in the end.

I could sit here and call you a rash of bad names which demean you but as I can tell this would only incite more negativity. If I am a moron, by the way that is correct spelling not MORRON, (funny how that works) then I guess after I get my "2 hours" so you say, I will figure it all out just like you. O wait your still flying, so what is it I am supposed to figure out?

P2J

P2J,

You are a moron! I have a feeling you will be singing a different tune when you hit age 60 and have nothing to show for all your hard work. Don't sell yourself short!

Latest resources

Back