Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional pilots pay and non professional immigrants pay.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twice the truckers 70k in 5 to 10 years huh? Oh you poor misguided souls.

12 Years here getting paid flying. Only flight instructed 1.2 years, Aircraft flown for a paycheck range from a C-172 to a B-747. Lots of time in the left seat burning kerosene in both turboprops and jets............Never even come close to making 140k........only broke 70k one year, then got furloughed and went back to flying 172's as a CFI for a bit. Clawed my way back up to heavy iron, still not back to the 70k though.

Oh and the furlough? 90% of the routes that I made in excess of 70k flying the 737 are now being flown by RJ's. Why? Because the crews fly them for such low pay they can run 2 RJ's instead of 1 737.

If the current status quo is kept......you will never see the 140k.

Right now, I will get to see that elusive 140k........if my company survives.....and I do not get furloughed.....and I can keep my medical for another 8 years. If I am real lucky and make it at my present company for another 23 years until I hit 60 I may be able to bring home 200k plus.......I'm not holding my breath.

Fight for it now, there may not be a later.

Last edited:
the sad thing is that you GRINGOS talk about the Mexican working for nothing but look at you guys.

some of you have 4 year degree and the legal rights to work in the US.

on the other hand Illegally Mexicans are making more money than most of you pilots with no education required.

that's right some Mexicans working on the corn fields drive a Lexus to work. and you pilots can't even drive a nice car because what's
$19,000 a year going to do

if you pay rent a month $500.00 x 12 = $6000
food and drinks a year....................... $3000
Fuel a Year...................................... $1500
car payments if you have one $400x 12 $4800
insurance........................................ $1000
cloth a year first year uniform .............$1000
-----------------------------------------------
$19,000 a year - $17300 = $1700 left

Unless your dad pay for that nice car.

lots you pilots said when things go wrong

My dad will pay for that
My mom will take care of that

come on grow up

Pilots + SJS = Mexicans Gringos.

what's $19,000 on the first year then in 10 years I'll probably make $30,000 if I upgrade or even $50,000.

By the time you guys make that money the Mexicans are going to be the executives. Remember Money Talks

Flying and airplane is great just that you "Mexicans Gringos are screwing things up"

Pilots + SJS = Mexicans Gringos.

Last edited:
I've driven a truck, it sucks no matter how much it pays. You think you're life is tough now? Try staying on the road for 4 weeks at a time and getting about 3-4 hrs of sleep each night. No way to live.

Driving a truck made me cry. Flying makes me happy.

Is it just me, or are the news networks airing the illegal problem a whole lot more? I'm guessing we're closing the borders soon and making a nation-wide sweep before this turns into a situation like Isreal and Palistine.

Last edited:
Just give it 6 years. Air traffic will grow by 80%, as we are now mass transit, and 30% of current pilots will be retired. Flight training is down after 911. Things will slowly swing back into our favor, just not right now unfortunately.

box

bugchaser said:
I've driven a truck, it sucks no matter how much it pays. You think you're life is tough now? Try staying on the road for 4 weeks at a time and getting about 3-4 hrs of sleep each night. No way to live.

Isn't that the life of an Atlas pilot?

GP

Hey for all of you who are short sighted and or have been flying for 13 years and have not yet made the national Capt. pay at a major here is some facts for you.

Captain/Pilot in Command (Large Jet)
25th%ile Median 75th%ile
$90,589 $99,865 $113,837

Co-Pilot (Small Non-Jet) 25th%ile Median 75th%ile
the United States $31,187 $53,176 $67,713

These numbers seem a bit high (co-pilot) but they give a realistic portrayal of what to expect in the END not now.

O my look!

Truck Driver - Heavy 25th%ile Median 75th%ile
the United States $31,089 $34,656 $39,685

I could be a smart ass but I think I will let the number speak for themselves.

Source: WWW.salary.com
(pretty cool web site!)

Prop2Jet said:
Hey for all of you who are short sighted and or have been flying for 13 years and have not yet made the national Capt. pay at a major here is some facts for you.

Captain/Pilot in Command (Large Jet)
25th%ile Median 75th%ile
$90,589 $99,865 $113,837

Co-Pilot (Small Non-Jet) 25th%ile Median 75th%ile
the United States $31,187 $53,176 $67,713

These numbers seem a bit high (co-pilot) but they give a realistic portrayal of what to expect in the END not now.

O my look!

Truck Driver - Heavy 25th%ile Median 75th%ile
the United States $31,089 $34,656 $39,685

I could be a smart ass but I think I will let the number speak for themselves.

Source: WWW.salary.com
(pretty cool web site!)
p2j you are a freaking morron. I promise your view will change when you have more than 2 hours. If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle, The only thing that matters is what you make now. You clearly don't think much of your self or you would demand more for what you do.

Latest resources

Back