• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional Pilot Salary Study 2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do any of you have the most recent NBAA salary survey? We moved to a new place a couple of months ago and I packed up a lot of that kind of stuff - now I can't find the B/CA issue that had it. :mad:

It’s time to renegotiate our salaries and I need to start getting my ducks in a row. I got this month’s Pro Pilot which has their annual survey. I’m really interested in the NBAA Astra and Falcon 50 figures for West Coast based Corporate Captains and Flight Department Managers. Do any of you guys have this information?

'Sled

Surveys

Avcrew is supposed to have theirs out soon. Another good one is the Stanton Group survey (I think that's the name). It uses actual HR numbers and is not answered by pilots or department managers.

This thread is hopeful and depressing. I make 22K/year but I understand Im just starting out. Maybe Ill get lucky and end up at a great corporate job or maybe a furloughed airline job where I was making a grand 23K/year. So why do I do this again?

Ace-of-the-Base said:
About the MBA crack, it's just my experience that the 'book' types can't fly themselves out of a box. Just my observation, not a scientific statement. But when I sit down and list what I, as a CEO, want in a pilot, a Master's degree doesn't show up on the list.

Ace

If you hire a military pilot he's going to have a Masters, you can't make field grade without it.

GV

GVFlyer said:
If you hire a military pilot he's going to have a Masters, you can't make field grade without it.

GV

When I was younger, I was a good fisherman. I was especially good at baiting. Some even said I was a master.

I guess military experience and masters are just not a requirement that I would have. Many other things would be qualifications, just not those. Thankfully, I've retired as the CEO of a huge multi-national corporation and now I just fly this ol GV for fun!

Ace

hogdriver00 said:
Ace, why are you being such a tool?

Don't get your panties in a bunch, try to keep up with wich parts are serious and which are joking. You'll find this very helpful.

Ace (Billionair Pilot)

GVFlyer said:
Does anybody but me think that the Professional Pilot Salary Study 2005 is skewed way to the low side? Since I left the Big G, I earn significantly more than what they are showing even as high salary for a chief pilot and thats before counting what I get for consultant work from my former employer and the stock options I get from my present one. I don't think my experience is atypical; I know other G550 and Global captains whose base compensation is at least $175K. I think a magazine article such as this that low balls salaries does us all a disservice when our respective human captial departments go out looking to see how much to give us for our annual raises, bonuses and other perks.

GV

Sooo.... what would be an average starting salary for an FO flying a G550 (corp. pt 91) ?? and make that be based in SFO?? <<<< curious

G4G5 said:
Mon and Tues are shot, Wed looks like the best day this week.

Dang Rice, Spreading the love around again I see!!!:rolleyes:

pa56pa said:
Sooo.... what would be an average starting salary for an FO flying a G550 (corp. pt 91) ?? and make that be based in SFO?? <<<< curious

to pull a relavant number out the air you would have to specify a lot more. :)

Latest resources

Back