• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional Pilot Salary Study 2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard of a Global Express captain who makes $250K, but that's in San Diego, and maybe it reflects the cost of living. Of course COL in the Northeast would be similar.

You guys are all insane! GVflyer, I make those numbers too, but not everyone does. Average out your salary for the past 20 years, actually, draw a line chart. You'll see that our salaries have risen sharply in the past few years. But not everyone's has. Why do I think you're all insane? Because anything north of 100K is plenty of dough. Yes, I make almost double that and don't want to give a penny back, but c'mon, look what a teacher, a doctor, a nurse makes. We're well paid, even overpaid at times (speaking for myself). I like what I make, but I know plenty of happy pilots supporting their families, loving their boss and their coworkers and flying a IV for 95K per year. Bottom line: make your best deal, fly a great airplane for a great company and be satisfied. Don't try to keep up with the Jones's.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
You guys are all insane! GVflyer, I make those numbers too, but not everyone does. Average out your salary for the past 20 years, actually, draw a line chart. You'll see that our salaries have risen sharply in the past few years. But not everyone's has. Why do I think you're all insane? Because anything north of 100K is plenty of dough. Yes, I make almost double that and don't want to give a penny back, but c'mon, look what a teacher, a doctor, a nurse makes. We're well paid, even overpaid at times (speaking for myself). I like what I make, but I know plenty of happy pilots supporting their families, loving their boss and their coworkers and flying a IV for 95K per year. Bottom line: make your best deal, fly a great airplane for a great company and be satisfied. Don't try to keep up with the Jones's.

Ace

Ace, try not to drink before you post.

Ace-of-the-Base said:

Ace

Nice Ace, you're happy making 200 large and don't feel any compunction to give any back to those needy doctors, nurses and teachers, but the rest of us should be grateful to make a 100k. Don't you think that's maybe just a tiny bit hypocritical? Haven't you heard - 200k is the new 100k.

NJAFracPilot said:
Nice Ace, you're happy making 200 large and don't feel any compunction to give any back to those needy doctors, nurses and teachers, but the rest of us should be grateful to make a 100k. Don't you think that's maybe just a tiny bit hypocritical? Haven't you heard - 200k is the new 100k.

Right on all counts.

But seriously, my wife was a teacher and they work about 18 hours per day (grading papers and talking to students after the regular work day) and have the future of our country in their hands. I've worked hard to gain the experience that has helped to land me a dream job. All I'm saying, is that the average salary realized by most corporate pilots is darn good. Even if I hear about someone making 300K and working 10 days per month, I'm not going to be any less happy with my gig. 100K per year is still alot of money!

Ace

Raises

Ace-of-the-Base said:

Ace

I negotiated an annual 12.5% pay increase into my contract. I'm staying put.

aeronautic1 said:
I negotiated an annual 12.5% pay increase into my contract. I'm staying put.

If that's the percentage you ended up with, what did you start out asking for?!
You must have some weight to throw around to be able to bargain for that much...what do you have, pictures of the boss with his mistress? :)

I am curious, what are the real salaries for a large corp flight department that has an all Gulfstream fleet consisting of G550(s) and G450(s)...

Latest resources

Back