Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Procedures for Positioning Flight Bags in the Flightdeck. (CRJ)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, is there still anybody out there that doesn't feel as though they like to micro-manage employees at ExpressJet????? It doesn't matter how you lift the d*** thing, it's still gonna turn you into a pretzel as it bangs around the flight deck, busting up the side console, and whacking the O2 mask feed line.........

Don't forget the little red guarded switch on CB 1. I've taken out a few of those.

Just do it the "company approved way" and if you get hurt doing it that way mention on the claim application that you got hurt lifting the flight bag using the "company approved way" and your claim will not get denied.

ding ding ding. I would even stable or hand write the exact instructions on the FMLA/ OJI paperwork.

Skywest is self insured, they hate Workmanship comp claims. Be very careful how you fill out paperwork, get a attorney prior to "going OJI". We got Jepp Airside only after a bunch of COS guys went out OJI. My flight fit weighed 40 lbs, I was surprised that there weren't more OJIs.

What a bunch of pussies!

Pretty much. The same guys that need direction on how to lift the car keys out of their pockets, so they don't get poked with the pointy tips of the keys while in the employee parking lot. Poor little softies. They should call their mommies for consoling. As a man, if you get hurt lifting anything, it's all on you. It's man code 101. By the way, man code 101 is an ancient text that used to be common knowledge and widely understood.

Sorry but hurting yourself lifting a 30lb bag should be a sign you need to eat a bit better/work out.

We actually were given an explicit Ly detailed, outlined and fully annotated job aid at 9e...I thought it was April Fool's Day...This business gets crazier by the day!

Maybe an attempt to cover their arse for claims, "well we issued explicit instructions to the crews" , they didn't follow these instructions, so we ain't paying! Agree though, bunch of BS!

iPads NOW!

I see it as the company acknowledging they are FULLY aware of the serious health risk involved in continually lifting and carrying all the materials required by this company.

Are LIDO's still at 9e? Getting rid of them would help tons! I haven't been there in 4 years, but gawd I hated LIDO's

Latest resources

Back