• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Problem - JetBlue VS. AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catfish, did you make the decision yet? We would love to have you at AirTran, but we would hate to have you second guess yourself or leave us at a later date.
With your fellow pilots in mind, realize we are two weeks out from class. JB or AirTran will need to call up one more to fill your slot, and I'm sure that lucky someone would like to give proper notice to their employer.
Good luck on whatever your choice may be.

I agree with everone here, make the choice that's good for you. As far as JBLU crews being better than ours, I doubt it. You will always have 2% what ever you do. Just be kind enough to drop the note of decline soon enough that someone else can take your place in class if you dont show. Beside I want a FO in the Sim with me, and not another wanabe Capt to get in the way. :D

DCitrus9,

You and I actually think alike here. One of the reasons I was looking for more info is that I feel I owe both companies a quick response. I'm not the type to call the day prior and say "sorry....".

Also, I won't second guess myself after making the call. I'll be 110% onboard and won't leave at a later date. Either one is a win situation.

Catfish

Good luck during your decision. Keep a clear head and do the list of pros and cons. Seems like the scientific way of doing this.

Don't mind us holding our breath here...

:D

Two great companies indeed. At the end the benefits are about the same, so is the equipment, the upgrade time the "possible bases" and the agressive growth.
The true difference lies in the corporate culture. What group more closely reflects you? I hope THAT is your answer.

M.

Been at AirTran over 3 years...LOVE IT!! Upgrade class should be August 9th. 15 more years to fly..gonna make the most!! Folks getting class dates...ENJOY and have fun..youll love it here...........

Problem solved!

Just like the finale of the Bachelor last night, I have had the dilemma of trying to decide between two superb companies to work for.

Both have great futures and business models, and they have great people working for them. In the end I can't go wrong with my decision.

When I take everything into account, one seems to fit me just a little bit better for location, QOL and family considerations. So with that, I guess I have to say:
AirTran, will you accept this pilot???? :D :p ;)

Looking forward to buying you fellas a round!

Catfish

Catfish,

Let me be one of the first to welcome you aboard! I believe you will enjoy yourself here.

Don't forget, June 3rd at Malones. We will shake hands, eat some wings, and swap tall tales.

Great choice (although both would work). I have heard great things about AirTran and you'll love either the 737-700 or the 717.

Do you know whether you will fly the 737 or the 717 to start?

Great job.

I'm really looking forward to it, especially after 5 months out of the cockpit. This honey do list thing is getting old......

As far as aircraft, I think I'd take the 737 if offered. To be around #30 on the FO seniority list would probably be pretty awesome once the program gets going well. I'm sure there will be some growing pains, but it should be fun too.

Catfish

Latest resources

Back