Problem - JetBlue VS. AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catfish,

Welcome! I know that it must have been a hard decision.

I'm upgrading on 737 and my upgrade class is paired with the June 3rd new-hire class.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Music

catfish,

Well you had a wonderful problem to solve. I think you made the right chioce for the items you listed. Welcome to the disfunctional but happy family of AirTran. :D If you get paired with Music all I can say is I hope he doesn't hold you back. Just kidding, you would like him very much and he is much smarter and better than I. Good luck and see you during InDoc.

Just curious. For a newhire at AirTran, would it be more advantageous from a schedule/QOL standpoint to bid the 717 or the 737? Clearly it would be great to be a part of a new fleet, but the 717 obviously serves a lot more destinations as the 737 ramps up.

Any thoughts?

Congrats Catfish!!!

What an exiting couple of days you gave us all!
Can't wait to see you and the others in class.

Congratulations on an excellent choice!!!

Islandhoper.

6........Depends on what you want. If you like long haul flights 4-5 hours...bid the 737. Like short haul flights..bid the 717. Should be 2 new 737s next month and one a month after that. So it might take a while to get line on the 737. For June he 737 had almost 400 total lines. But as a newhire its a great position to be in. By the way Im in the 717 and am loving it! Great airplane!! Whatever a newhire chooses..hes at a great company and will love it here...

Bridges

Now here's a question; are you going to call Dean M. and tell him of your decision? If you don't, JB will continue to do your background check, wasting money and resources. I was just curious, no buckshot.

C ya

Not to mention I am sure there is a very excited and hopeful someone that might be able to get into the June 2 class at JB.

There are a lot of logistics to work out before a JB class date and it would be helpful to have as much time as possible.

Chaz

Believe it or not, I did call JetBlue and talked to Bernice even before I made the post. It's the right thing to do and I hope someone else can jump into that spot.

I told her that my decision in no way reflects badly on JetBlue. I think you guys have a phenomenal company, but for my situation, AirTran is a slightly better choice.:D

Catfish

Latest resources

Back