• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pretty sad...thanks DS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im gonna tweet this email ..and do everything I can to spread it to the end of the internet.
Maybe I can get on the Cafferty File

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2000/05/36338

"A lot of companies are monitoring these message boards all the time. When they see something they don't like, they instantly file a lawsuit," said Rob Lytle, a trade-secret attorney for Howrey Simon Arnold & White in Houston.

"There are dozens and dozens of these cases," agreed Chris Hansen, an attorney with the ACLU.

Problem is, say critics, many of the cases are bogus -- the suing company is filing the case solely to unmask its online enemies.

To do that, it issues subpoenas to the online company that hosts the message board or chat room, asking for the identity of the alleged defamers. Many Net companies, including the biggest message board hosters like Yahoo, will ultimately hand over a user's name in response to subpoena. "Once the company knows who you are, they can fire you if you're an employee, or they can intimidate you with their big corporate lawyers," said Megan Gray, an attorney for Baker & Hostetler in Los Angeles.

It'd be awful hard to fire someone not on the property. The only correspondence from the company that any of us are required to answer is a recall notice. They'd have to notify him of a hearing, then give him a briefing to get to that hearing. To give him a briefing, they'd have to recall him. To recall him, they have to give a recall to everyone senior to him. See where I'm going with this?

All this garbage is ridiculous.....

I don't think they have to do any of that. A certified letter maybe. Maybe they don't notify you at all. You get your hearing the day you would normally be recalled... Your next normal duty day. That's your brief. When everyone else is in Indoc.

But I don't think they are looking for furloughed pilots with this letter.... Bigger Fish. Probably current or former exec... Thats whoever is emailing Alice Schroeder.

I am just posting the Wired article to prevent any of us from being caught in the web cast for that person.

We have 5 laid off NJ's guys here, looks like we will get to keep them a little longer, that can not be all bad, they are great employees.

It'd be awful hard to fire someone not on the property. The only correspondence from the company that any of us are required to answer is a recall notice. They'd have to notify him of a hearing, then give him a briefing to get to that hearing. To give him a briefing, they'd have to recall him. To recall him, they have to give a recall to everyone senior to him. See where I'm going with this?

All this garbage is ridiculous.....

He went through a whole ethics class including a test at the end. He signed a piece of paper and guess what, it covers this sort of trash.

He made it quite clear who's side he's on. Now he can stay there.

Last edited:
He went through a whole ethics class including a test at the end. He signed a piece of paper and guess what, it covers this sort of trash.

He made it quite clear who's side he's on. Now he can stay there.

All I'm saying is that the company is going to have to wait until they recall him to take any disciplinary action against this guy. We are under no obligation to answer any correspondence from the company with the exception of a recall letter. Nothing stops them from having carpet dance on his first day back, but aside from a lawsuit, that's as far as it will go in the short term. That's the only point I'm making and it's in response to one of the first replies.

I'm not condoning the intent of the thread. I don't appreciate it being here, but I understand why it's here since there is no non-public forum where NetJets specific topics can be discussed among active and furloughed pilots. You can thank the eboard for that.

OK... My last post on this thread.

Basically every single thing that was in the email was printed in the online Forbes Magazine article I read, so I don't get what the hub-bub is all about. If CRJ cut and pasted the email from another outside source onto FI, he has the right to do it. He hasn't violated any corporate policy that I could reference. Was it a cheap blow to stir the pot... probably yes, but still it wasn't a bomb shell internal revelation of secret company information. ANY Corporate leader with 1/2 a brain knows when you type something and hit the send button, you might as well broadcast it on YouTube.

What exactly did Sokol say that has everyone so upset? I don't see it. I honestly don't see it. CRJ may or may not be liked on here (half you guys hate my guts from 5 years ago), but posting an information that he found readily available elsewhere certainly doesn't warrant his termination.

Owner is right... why? because he's an owner! And because he said what is correct, owners will stay or leave based on their "NJ experience". And that's why I've been busting my A double S for the last 4 months so this company can keep what we have and slowly return to having an awesome flying job, instead of just another aviation job.

Aw, you need a hug?
I don't know of anyone that hates your guts.;)

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=121928

G200

Come on..you of all people should know better......

You accused an innocent person and tried your smear campaign to get her to be the most hated pilot at NJ. I'd take a guess that if you asked 495 furoughees who they disliked most, you'd be one. Not worried at all about your opinion. But thanks for your input.

And if in 5 or more years your dream comes about, you can be the first one to say "Yippeee". That is if any of the managers are even left at that point. DS is prob. leaving within the year. I'm sure he has very little to do with his time so this FI thread will be at the top of his list. Oh wait, he is in charge of 3 seperate BKH entities. Maybe his next 5 years will be a little busy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back