Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fried chickens

Hmmm, Beer
Just wondering what the pay was at the legacy airlines prior to all the pay cuts. Airlinepilotcentral only shows what it is now but what was it in the good ol' days.

Add about 10% to all FDX scales and that's about it. That was 6 years ago.

It wasn't so much the pay rates as the lack of productivity that hurt the legacies-in the "good ole days" I believe UAL was flying about 34 hours/month actual hard time per pilot versus over 70 hours at Southwest--not saying thats good or bad but Southwest didn't go thru the gut wrenching trauma that the legacies did after 9-11. Fortunately or unfortunately 99% of the flying public is interested in price only.

Airfogey

Just wondering what the pay was at the legacy airlines prior to all the pay cuts. Airlinepilotcentral only shows what it is now but what was it in the good ol' days.

Here's one data point. It might be off a dollar one way or the other because I've tried to forget.
757/767 Right seat 3 year pay: $145/hour - 78 hour guarantee (UAL)

AA was on the low end of things: MD80 CA $185/hr.

I believe Delta's MD80's were $210/hr.

I don't have a problem being more productive, just don't keep me out 3 more days a month on non-productive trips. That's the typical management answer. TC

Also the actual dollar amount is just one small thing. A lot of the great work rules that were around have gone away as well. These made a certain payrate usually even better.

$115 an hour right seat on the Bus at AAAfor year 4. Oh those were the good days.

Latest resources

Back