Pre-9/11 Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management's target

Back in the day, conventional wisdom at the majors was that if management were free to set pilot wages, they would impose about a 50% cut. They wouldn't try for more than that, or they wouldn't be able to get quality pilots.
Some think this has now come to pass, or will shortly. Others fear that the downside limit is much lower. :mad:

While pilots salaries have taken a big hit, Executive pay and bonus' have gone through the roof.

This thread just turned my N. County Times Horoscope 5 Star Day into a 2 Star.....Thanks!!! 18 years in the industry and making $35/hr on Reserve. But I did just get my 15 year ALPA pin in the mail...JOKE!! Oh well - at least I'm driving to work.

Baja.

BTW - As I post this I see CoogeeBeach lurking....I really wish I was sitting on the beach now in OZ sipping a Toohey's Blue!!

US Airways

Paid $212 for the A320 CA yr 12.

$94/hr right seat at yr 3.

Made it worth it to deal with all the crap.

Not any longer.

$124 and $72 now.

Scew that noise.

I won't even mention the E190 rates of "pay".

FedEx isn´t even close to pre911 DAL and UAl. End of contract pay rates at DAL and UAL for top widebody captians was in excess of $340-hour!!! Add to that unreal work rules and you have a great career. I heard AMR management had offered the DAL contract but the pilots were holding out for more. Then 9-11 hit. None of this working 99 hours a month Bs to make a decent living. oh well.....

Latest resources

Back