• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible New Fall Staffing Solution at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know one of them, and I'm still trying to understand why Big D would hire someone with low time/no PIC with no contacts over all the more qualified females or males for that matter. I know it's their playground just wondering why the change. I would not be human if I said I was not a little jealous and confused over it when you have waited patiently then get bypassed by someone 4-5 years junior. Last time they hired they were saying the magic number for ASA people was 500 pic to get the call. Staying positive I'll get my turn.

Your seniority at ASA should only matter at ASA. Best of luck at your interview!

I know this, I have been at ASA for ten years and put in my time and to see someone who hasn't get hired is annoying!! Why do I have to know her??? The only reason that stuff happens is because they are filling a quota. I don't even have my stuff in with Delta but I know plenty of people that are way more qualifed than her that do, or have been turned down. Management is hiring unqualified people at regionals and at majors was the point not just at regionals. Some of these girls are barely qualified for regionals, never mind moving on!!!

Ref Capt Oveur. Your right about that, just honest that I was surprised by it. Interesting how this business is in constant change. And no I'm not crying or bitter over it so don't even start. LOL

Last edited:
I know one of them, and I'm still trying to understand why Big D would hire someone with low time/no PIC with no contacts over all the more qualified females or males for that matter. I know it's their playground just wondering why the change. I would not be human if I said I was not a little jealous and confused over it when you have waited patiently then get bypassed by someone 4-5 years junior. Last time they hired they were saying the magic number for ASA people was 500 pic to get the call. Staying positive I'll get my turn.

Is she black? I haven't seen one black female DAL pilot before so to me the hiring is justified if that is the case. CAL on the other hand has quite a few black female FOs

Is she black? I haven't seen one black female DAL pilot before so to me the hiring is justified if that is the case. CAL on the other hand has quite a few black female FOs

Isn't that racist?! You should hire based on qualifications, not because "we don't have one of those!".

Wish I could vote no on our current association
Look in the mirror, that is your association, how ever it's organized. How many meetings have you gone to in the last year, and did you make yourself heard? If not STFU, you are the problem, ALPA or whatever is in place, are your tools to effect change or stop bad change, you let the senior MEC guys make policy because you are too busy playin World of Warcraft, you at least get a high score in the WoW group.
PBR

You are kidding, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

If you were sincere when you posted this, you are part of the problem, and, frankly, a large part of the reason why racism still exists today.

By posting this, you are overtly supporting hiring decisions based solely off of skin color, or possibly, gender.

Wake up, pal. It's 2010.

There will be plenty of DAL hiring, as I understand it. The process really just started, so be patient. If you're interested, I'm sure the opportunity will present itself. From what I understand, it's going to spool up and carry well into next year. With the flow through in question, it will likely open up the doors to more applicants, and interviews.

There will be plenty of DAL hiring, as I understand it. The process really just started, so be patient. If you're interested, I'm sure the opportunity will present itself. From what I understand, it's going to spool up and carry well into next year. With the flow through in question, it will likely open up the doors to more applicants, and interviews.
Sounds good to me, looking forward to the chance. Good luck to us all.

I'm not interested in applying to or working for Delta....However different standards for people based on the color of their skin or their sex is wrong plain and simple. Political correctness and affirmative action quotas simply continue to make race an issue.

Lowering standards for minority and female pilots is an insult to those who made it without affirmative action.

Latest resources

Back