• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible New Fall Staffing Solution at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't matter what system is used. The top get what they want, the middle get nothing and the bottom gets hosed.

Did I miss an email? When does PBS start?
[FONT=&quot]PBS Training Begins Soon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scheduled to begin August 5th , the customized version of PrefBid will be enabled on your Flica account. PBS trainers will be available in the crew lounge to assist you with questions you may have about the PBS software and to offer assistance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the following weeks, three PBS parallel bids will be held on August 11-15, August 20-23, and August 28-31. It is essential to achieve near 100% participation from our pilot group in all three bids to give everyone the best training experience. It is imperative that you set your DEFAULT BID prior to the first bid. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Question:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Why are we conducting weekly parallel bidding vs. monthly parallel bidding?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Answer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bidding three times in one month compared to three times in three months invokes the law of exercise, and stresses the idea that repetition is basic to the development of adequate response; things most often repeated are easiest remembered. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]critical for you to be proficient with PrefBid prior to bidding for schedules in the upcoming holiday months.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pilot PBS trainers will be available during the entire practice process to be an additional resource. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To help yourself ahead of time, please review the demo videos found on the Flica website main page. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

It doesn't matter what system is used. The top get what they want, the middle get nothing and the bottom gets hosed.

Speaking of the top, where'd Commander Helms go, did he take a COMA or something?

[FONT=&quot]PBS Training Begins Soon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Question:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Why are we conducting weekly parallel bidding vs. monthly parallel bidding?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Answer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bidding three times in one month compared to three times in three months invokes the law of exercise, and stresses the idea that repetition is basic to the development of adequate response; things most often repeated are easiest remembered. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]critical for you to be proficient with PrefBid prior to bidding for schedules in the upcoming holiday months.[/FONT]

Real Answer: The company wants PBS live ASAP and ALPA is obliging them.

Who wants to bid 4 times in one month? Unless they have 3 different sets of pairing data, what good will 3 bids in one month achieve? If they use different pairing data for each practice bid, how will that be "parallel bidding". I thought the entire point of the parallel bids was to see the effects of your PBS bid vs. your normal line bidding pattern for 3 cycles. I distinctly remember them saying we would have one month of training followed by 3 months of parallel bidding in the PBS roadshows. What incentive does the union have to rush this?

Real Answer: The company wants PBS live ASAP and ALPA is obliging them.

Who wants to bid 4 times in one month? Unless they have 3 different sets of pairing data, what good will 3 bids in one month achieve? If they use different pairing data for each practice bid, how will that be "parallel bidding". I thought the entire point of the parallel bids was to see the effects of your PBS bid vs. your normal line bidding pattern for 3 cycles. I distinctly remember them saying we would have one month of training followed by 3 months of parallel bidding in the PBS roadshows. What incentive does the union have to rush this?

I say the quicker we get this thing going the better. We voted for this thing overwhelmingly so it must be better than what we have now. We have a month to practice with it. Thats all I need.

Get this thing online now! Bye bye integration. Bye bye red arrows. Hello partial trip drops and first come first served open time.

Email your reps, I know it's a pain in the but by letting them know how outright pissed we are is the only thing that might help.

Yes, email the reps and let them know how pissed you are at this development. We can stop this now, but it will take some work from the pilot group. If the company wanted it this quickly, then they should have expedited the work on their end.

ALPA also forgot to tell you that the pairings that will be used for the parallel bids will be fictitious pairings which follow the LOA; not the actual pairings for September. What good will that do? I can build a great schedule if I can make up the pairings!

I say the quicker we get this thing going the better. We voted for this thing overwhelmingly so it must be better than what we have now. We have a month to practice with it. Thats all I need.

Get this thing online now! Bye bye integration. Bye bye red arrows. Hello partial trip drops and first come first served open time.

Free beer for this man! WELL SAID!

ALPA also forgot to tell you that the pairings that will be used for the parallel bids will be fictitious pairings which follow the LOA; not the actual pairings for September. What good will that do? I can build a great schedule if I can make up the pairings!

Actually, on further thought, it kinda makes sense to use fictitious pairings for the practice bids. I doubt the PBS system would give good solutions with our present pairings (high % of 4-days). If that's the case, there is no point to practice bidding parallel to normal line bidding as it would be comparing apples to oranges. Gripes retracted.

I spoke with one of the Alpa guys today. We have been below 60% four day trips for a year according to him. The way it was explained it is not 4 day lines but trips that is maxed at 60%. Also, he said the point of practice bids was to get to know how to use the system, not to see what you will hold. The company is now laughing at us. I don't trust them or Alpa. Good news is that I have heard of 3 junior FO girls getting hired at Delta. Such a joke!!! The whole industry is fubar!!!

"No Asa Alpa" group is formed on FACEBOOK. 38 members so far and at least 1 is from our MEC I know you will figure out who it is. Take a look

Latest resources

Back