• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Spooky,

AIR GROUP, you're it!

;) .

just messin' with ya

Last edited:
Cox Phnl

Spoke to the guy who is leaving the GV position there and he says he really does not know how they will fill his vacancy, either from within via the Atlanta flight department, or from the outside. Probably would not hurt to drop them a resume if your intersted. I don't think there is much of a relationship between to two operations so maybe the outside approach makes some sense.

Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just post some bonafide info on it. There are guys/gals that would like some of these jobs but if you wish to make them dig, then why post the hint in the first place. My missplaced information just came from some local knowledge that The Air Group had a G1V in PHNL. Not many management companies out there with G1V's in their stables so I guessed at the operator. The Air Group does have a flat 7,500 PIC requirement. On the other hand maybe TAG assumed this account and no they do not have that same PIC hours requirement. I have worked with both and each company has good operations, although I would give the edge to TAG Aviation from an operational perspective.

Not to worry Rice man....We all appreciate the genuine effort you put forth!!

Btw, I guessed it was TAG, so what do I get? :rolleyes: :p

Gumby said:
Not to worry Rice man....We all appreciate the genuine effort you put forth!!

Btw, I guessed it was TAG, so what do I get? :rolleyes: :p

Your not getting anything from me but knowing you, I'm sure you'll give yourself a nice "Dry Rub" with that.:eek:

Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just blah, blah, blah...............

Spook,
Sorry I got you all wadded up with my cryptic message but I wasn't sure if I had authority to "lay it all out there" so to speak. Besides I figured anyone smart enough to get a type rating would be clever enough to figure out my veiled reference. Guess I wasn't completely accurate in that assumption.
Have a nice day.

Spooky 1 said:
Insurance is what drives this particular requirement with The Air Group.

Not true. The insurerer doesn't require 7,500 hrs, it is a management descision.

But, regardless of the reason, it is their requirment and they don't have jets sitting in the hangars without crews. Seems to be working out ok for them.

Ace

I would not be surprised if it was a little of both. Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
Sure would be good PR when you are trying to attract new clients, Yes but our CA mins are X and theirs are Y.
Or to be able to go back to the insurance co , and say, can you do anything for us, our new ca mins are X.

G4G5 said:
Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
No, it was another operator that started with an "A".

As for Air Group's mins... I never met them back when I used to fly out of KVNY. Yet, if they needed a trip covered badly enough, voila!, I was qualified.:rolleyes:

G4G5 said:
I would not be surprised if it was a little of both. Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
Sure would be good PR when you are trying to attract new clients, Yes but our CA mins are X and theirs are Y.
Or to be able to go back to the insurance co , and say, can you do anything for us, our new ca mins are X.

Avjet out of KBUR crashed in Aspen. I don't think Airgroup has ever had a fatal.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Not true. The insurerer doesn't require 7,500 hrs, it is a management descision.

But, regardless of the reason, it is their requirment and they don't have jets sitting in the hangars without crews. Seems to be working out ok for them.

Ace

Our operations had a little direct experience with this subject and The Air Group. Their answer was it was insurance driven. Either they were lying, or they had another agenda that we are not aware of.

Latest resources

Back