Possible Hawaii G-IV Job

rice

Clown Puncher
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Posts
902
Total Time
8000+
Any G-IV drivers out there wishing to live in Hawaii might want to send a resume to a certain A/C Mgt. company headquartered on the west coast. (_ _ _ your it);) .
Sorry, I have no other info just that there "appears" to be some openings.
 

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Posts
441
Total Time
9000+
rice said:
Any G-IV drivers out there wishing to live in Hawaii might want to send a resume to a certain A/C Mgt. company headquartered on the west coast. (_ _ _ your it);) .
Sorry, I have no other info just that there "appears" to be some openings.
WOW, look at you go Rice man!! Rhymes, so early in the am! How about YOU heading over to PHNL...I need a pal who lives there, so I can come and stay for free!!!:rolleyes:
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Try sending it to The Air Group and don't be so coy the next time. You will need 7,500 min hours to qualify for PIC at The Air Group.
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
Cox has gv in Hawaii...i heard they could have an opening :)
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Cox

I know the guy who is leaving Cox and just got an email from him this am. I'll ask him how they plan to fill his vacancy. He just got tired of the island with so much of his family still on the mainland. Good guy so if you know of any G1V, GV spots drop me a PM.
 

rice

Clown Puncher
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Posts
902
Total Time
8000+
Spooky 1 said:
Try sending it to The Air Group and don't be so coy the next time. You will need 7,500 min hours to qualify for PIC at The Air Group.
Sorry Spooky, The Air Group is not the correct answer, but thanks for playing. BTW this position did not stipulate min hours in the info I received but I'd imagine its less than 7500 for PIC.
 

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Posts
1,829
Total Time
.....
It's Tag Aviation... But like most management company position. Try and find out as much about the particular account you'll be working for as possible. That's what really matters. I haven't known many people that have moved out to Hawaii to fly that haven't moved back due to family issues or the incredibly high cost of living.
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
I've got a secret

rice said:
Sorry Spooky, The Air Group is not the correct answer, but thanks for playing. BTW this position did not stipulate min hours in the info I received but I'd imagine its less than 7500 for PIC.
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just post some bonafide info on it. There are guys/gals that would like some of these jobs but if you wish to make them dig, then why post the hint in the first place. My missplaced information just came from some local knowledge that The Air Group had a G1V in PHNL. Not many management companies out there with G1V's in their stables so I guessed at the operator. The Air Group does have a flat 7,500 PIC requirement. On the other hand maybe TAG assumed this account and no they do not have that same PIC hours requirement. I have worked with both and each company has good operations, although I would give the edge to TAG Aviation from an operational perspective.
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just post some bonafide info on it. There are guys/gals that would like some of these jobs but if you wish to make them dig, then why post the hint in the first place. My missplaced information just came from some local knowledge that The Air Group had a G1V in PHNL. Not many management companies out there with G1V's in their stables so I guessed at the operator. The Air Group does have a flat 7,500 PIC requirement. On the other hand maybe TAG assumed this account and no they do not have that same PIC hours requirement. I have worked with both and each company has good operations, although I would give the edge to TAG Aviation from an operational perspective.

You couldn't figure THAT out?

A guy tries to dish out some useful info for once here and you get all bent.

The Air Group....7500 for PIC? ......good luck Air Group.
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Gulfstream 200 said:
You couldn't figure THAT out?

A guy tries to dish out some useful info for once here and you get all bent.

The Air Group....7500 for PIC? ......good luck Air Group.
If there is really a job there then post it. As for the 7,500 PIC don't blame me I am just the messenger, not the policy maker. Insurance is what drives this particular requirement with The Air Group. As for your other comments, GTAFFAH.
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
Hey Spooky,

AIR GROUP, you're it!

;) .

just messin' with ya
 
Last edited:

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Cox Phnl

Spoke to the guy who is leaving the GV position there and he says he really does not know how they will fill his vacancy, either from within via the Atlanta flight department, or from the outside. Probably would not hurt to drop them a resume if your intersted. I don't think there is much of a relationship between to two operations so maybe the outside approach makes some sense.
 

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Posts
441
Total Time
9000+
Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just post some bonafide info on it. There are guys/gals that would like some of these jobs but if you wish to make them dig, then why post the hint in the first place. My missplaced information just came from some local knowledge that The Air Group had a G1V in PHNL. Not many management companies out there with G1V's in their stables so I guessed at the operator. The Air Group does have a flat 7,500 PIC requirement. On the other hand maybe TAG assumed this account and no they do not have that same PIC hours requirement. I have worked with both and each company has good operations, although I would give the edge to TAG Aviation from an operational perspective.
Not to worry Rice man....We all appreciate the genuine effort you put forth!!

Btw, I guessed it was TAG, so what do I get? :rolleyes: :p
 

rice

Clown Puncher
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Posts
902
Total Time
8000+
Gumby said:
Not to worry Rice man....We all appreciate the genuine effort you put forth!!

Btw, I guessed it was TAG, so what do I get? :rolleyes: :p
Your not getting anything from me but knowing you, I'm sure you'll give yourself a nice "Dry Rub" with that.:eek:
 

rice

Clown Puncher
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Posts
902
Total Time
8000+
Spooky 1 said:
Sorry, don't have time for your games. If there is a real job out in the islands why don't you just blah, blah, blah...............
Spook,
Sorry I got you all wadded up with my cryptic message but I wasn't sure if I had authority to "lay it all out there" so to speak. Besides I figured anyone smart enough to get a type rating would be clever enough to figure out my veiled reference. Guess I wasn't completely accurate in that assumption.
Have a nice day.
 

Ace-of-the-Base

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Posts
440
Total Time
9,999.
Spooky 1 said:
Insurance is what drives this particular requirement with The Air Group.
Not true. The insurerer doesn't require 7,500 hrs, it is a management descision.

But, regardless of the reason, it is their requirment and they don't have jets sitting in the hangars without crews. Seems to be working out ok for them.

Ace
 

G4G5

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,800
Total Time
8500+
I would not be surprised if it was a little of both. Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
Sure would be good PR when you are trying to attract new clients, Yes but our CA mins are X and theirs are Y.
Or to be able to go back to the insurance co , and say, can you do anything for us, our new ca mins are X.
 

HMR

I Live by the River.
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Posts
1,048
Total Time
100+
G4G5 said:
Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
No, it was another operator that started with an "A".

As for Air Group's mins... I never met them back when I used to fly out of KVNY. Yet, if they needed a trip covered badly enough, voila!, I was qualified.:rolleyes:
 

Ace-of-the-Base

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Posts
440
Total Time
9,999.
G4G5 said:
I would not be surprised if it was a little of both. Wasn't it the Air Groups' G III the crashed in ASE?
Sure would be good PR when you are trying to attract new clients, Yes but our CA mins are X and theirs are Y.
Or to be able to go back to the insurance co , and say, can you do anything for us, our new ca mins are X.
Avjet out of KBUR crashed in Aspen. I don't think Airgroup has ever had a fatal.

Ace
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Ace-of-the-Base said:
Not true. The insurerer doesn't require 7,500 hrs, it is a management descision.

But, regardless of the reason, it is their requirment and they don't have jets sitting in the hangars without crews. Seems to be working out ok for them.

Ace
Our operations had a little direct experience with this subject and The Air Group. Their answer was it was insurance driven. Either they were lying, or they had another agenda that we are not aware of.
 
Top