Positive changes at Ameristar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I'm not coming from USA Jet, I am coming from the unemployment line."

Dude, I just cried for you and your Mrs. when I read this. It is amazing, the difference in perspective whether you are in the fishbowl looking out or outside looking in. Light is the reality and the reality is seriously "bent" in opposite directions.

Goodluck w2b.

100-1/2

Do they still require you to sign a contract? YesWhat's the average pay like? pay varies wildly depending how much you fly. they only money you are guaranteed is the base pay see the original post, it's still the same. Upgrade time for a higher time guy? At least one year Day's off? Work 20 days a month Commuting? Not really an option Bases? ELP YIP ADS Medical Insurance? Yes How do you get to fly the Pt. 121 side of the house? You'd be able to get hired of the street with your time but I'm not sure they are hiring. Most importantly what is the training like and how is the equipment maintained nowaday's? Training is done in house with the sim at simulflite in dallas. Airplanes aren't fancy but they are maintained

The aircraft at AJI are not maintained well at all.

Pay no attention to StupidPilot... Most men, after being dumped by an old girlfriend, move on and let the time heal the wound... Viv - At your 20 yr HS Reunion, I'd love to see how you treat the girl who wouldnt dance with you at Prom. Fact is that the Ameristar fleet of aircraft is not unlike others in this market - they are older freighter aircraft. I've found their mx to be fine... If you desire glass, try NJ.

Fact is that the Ameristar fleet of aircraft is not unlike others in this market - they are older freighter aircraft. I've found their mx to be fine... If you desire glass, try NJ.

I don't know, I know some of their mechanics who work there currently and have worked there in the past, they say otherwise.

No, I say this from experience. If you haven't ever flown a decent aircraft then you have nothing to compare it to. USA Jet seems to be able to keep their fleet in top condition and still be in business. Sounds to me like it's possible to maintain your equipment and still make a profit.

Your problem is that you defend the indefensible. Stop drinking the kool-aid! People have lost their lives due to lousy maintenance there.

Last edited:
No, I say this from experience. If you haven't ever flown a decent aircraft then you have nothing to compare it to. USA Jet seems to be able to keep their fleet in top condition and still be in business. Sounds to me like it's possible to maintain your equipment and still make a profit.

Your problem is that you defend the indefensible. Stop drinking the kool-aid! People have lost their lives due to lousy maintenance there.

Dude, USA JET just laid off all their Falcon pilots...

USA Jet seems to be able to keep their fleet in top condition and still be in business. Sounds to me like it's possible to maintain your equipment and still make a profit.

Welcome to to two weeks ago. USA Jet doesn't fly Falcons anymore. They just put 60 people on the street, including myself.

How busy have you guys been over at Cherry, Ameristar, Kalitta Charters, IFL, Alliance, and all the other Falcon operators been since we put everyone in the unemployment line?

Last edited:
It has still been pretty slow at cherry i thought we would pick up alot after the usa news but i guess this is the slow time

Latest resources

Back