• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Positive changes at Ameristar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually the place has turned into a major craphole lately!! in the last month they have lost the 135cp,121cp,4-135 pilots"including yours truely", and 6-121 pilots. I know of 4 others that havent given notice yet that are leaving there soon. I did that post as a favor but now that he's gone and im gone screw that place. It's kinda funny how everyone's exit interview was about Jacob and what a c0cksucker he is!!! They have more dispatchers there then they do pilots now. Im just waiting to drive by and see someone walking around with the sign "The end is near"

did the swedes leave? where did they go?

actually the place has turned into a major craphole lately!! in the last month they have lost the 135cp,121cp,4-135 pilots"including yours truely", and 6-121 pilots. I know of 4 others that havent given notice yet that are leaving there soon. I did that post as a favor but now that he's gone and im gone screw that place. It's kinda funny how everyone's exit interview was about Jacob and what a c0cksucker he is!!! They have more dispatchers there then they do pilots now. Im just waiting to drive by and see someone walking around with the sign "The end is near"

Funny, they just called me a few days ago. Apparently they are going through resumes from some of the employment websites (Climbto350, avianation, etc) I had to respectfully decline. Interesting how 5 years ago they interview and in the interview tried making me feel as if I wasnt worthy of working there and my "low" jet time (300 hours at the time) was not sufficient to fly they high performance and tough enviroment. HA! Life sure is funny!

funny about ads on 350/jsfirm; we are advertizing for DC-9 F/O's also. 1000TT, 500 MEL, 1 yr 121 time, over 150 hits, 5 meet the mins. There is no one out there to do this job any more.

Can you blame them Yip? I mean tied to a pager, short call, 30+ year old airplanes versus new jet, low entry requirements, a decent schedule, the ability to commute for free to and from work, good insurance , vacations, sick days, and getting PIC turbine in the same time frame as at the on demand guys.

What would you do if you were just starting out?

rw

Can you blame them Yip? I mean tied to a pager, short call, 30+ year old airplanes versus new jet, low entry requirements, a decent schedule, the ability to commute for free to and from work, good insurance , vacations, sick days, and getting PIC turbine in the same time frame as at the on demand guys.

What would you do if you were just starting out?

rw
don't forget about defaulting on your student loans when you go the regional route.

And sitting on a ramp for 5 hours because of "thundestorms" and flow control, a hot airlplane with a broken APU, some smarta$$ passenger with a hidden camera pushing your buttons. I'll take on-demand freight anyday as an experience builder over a regional.

Latest resources

Back