• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Lucky Number is.......

Ok I want to play too..

I say the calls should be on Jan. 22

and the lucky last one is #38 Squirt

That's my final answer!!!

My prediction is.....

Feb. 14 for the first call. Its Valintines day. and My buddy Beechball will get the call.

I am benhunt, but I benwaitn

calls start Friday 13th February
(for a Monday 8th March start date)

and last in the class is #32 YokeMonkey

full disclosure since I don't want to end up in front of an over-zealous federal prosecutor, since I'm in the pool and talk with the PD every few months for an update and just to exchange a few general pleasantries, some might call that 'insider information.'

I've been told 3-4 classes out more than once and once the Jan 12th class starts tomorrow, that should leave me 2-3 out using some pilot math (3-1=2 and 4-1=3). And with me being #40 on the current pool list, thus my deduction of #32 the endpoint of the firstthird prognosticated 8 March class.

round numbers

Let's assume there are about 200 in the pool. We know there are about 150 on the flight info unofficial list who are in the pool and waiting for the call. That means we have about 75% of the poolies here on our board's list.

So...for every class size of 20, approximately 15 from our list should get the call. If that's true then there will be about 10 classes before all poolies dry off (assuming 20 per class).

If they have classes of 24 instead, then an average of 18 get called each class and we would need just about 8 classes to dry us all off.

Plus, we "heard" they will drain the pool this spring...so that means drained by??? Early June??? That's good news!
Big D Big Classes!

I'm sticking with Squirt...calls begin in just about a week (Jan 23d)

:D :D :D

I was told by LL when i talked to her last week that the pool (All of it) would be drained by the end of May. That was good news to me!!:D

We anticipate resuming interviews for hiring in March of this year. The pool will be exhausted in mid-spring with the forecasted classes. As you know, our on-line application site will open Monday, January 12. Our People Department recruiters and staff have done an outstanding job and are excited to resume the interview process. With the resumption of hiring, you can expect to see monthly vacancy bids and Captain upgrade classes beginning in March

Here is the official word from MySWA - Mid Spring!!!!! :eek:

A LITTLE SPECULATION BASED ON ….wnt2fly4

LETS ASSUME JAN 12TH LEAVES 154 IN THE UNOFFICIAL POOL.

STARTING WITH THE MARCH 8TH CLASS WE WOULD NEED CLASSES OF TWENTY-FOUR TO HAVE EVERYONE ON THE PROPERTY BY “THE END OF MAY.”

MY PREDICATION….

CLASS DATE LAST POOL MEMBER ON BOARD

MARCH 8TH # 32 YOKEMONKEY
MARCH 22ND #60 GAK
APR 5TH #88 CUB DRIVER
APR 19TH #115 PONY
MAY 10TH #143 LOOSECA
MAY 24TH #170 BLUESIDEUP1

BASED ON THE ABOVE NUMBERS, YOU CAN SEE THERE IS SOME PEOPLE THAT EITHER HAVE TAKEN EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE OR DECIDED TO STAY IN THE SERVICE OF THEIR COUNTRY. I AM GUESSING THAT ABOUT FIFTEEN PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER WITH US IN THE UNOFFICIAL POOL LIST.

WE SHALL SEE, ALL I KNOW IS THAT I SHOULD BE ON BOARD THE FIRST CLASS OF MAY!

#130 JIMEJET…

Last edited:
Last in class

More unscientific predictions:

Class Date Last on list in class
March 1st Squirt #38 (called 23 Jan)
March 15th Shootr #57
March 29th Romase #74
April 12th Tbone #91
April 26th FalconJet #109
May 10th Jimmy #130
May 24th 9hole #150
June 7th Drano... we're into the new poolies!

Latest resources

Back