• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police warning!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually flash my headlights to warn other drivers of surprises up ahead - Deer/children/pets near the road, slow-moving vehicles like tractors, dust clouds, etc. I don't think anyone really understands what it means anymore. I NEVER warn for police though. If you are seen doing that around here you will be pulled over and charged with obstruction of justice/interfering with the duties of an officer.

Milkdud99 said:
awwww couldn't handle the stress??? had to be a big boy and go tell the moderator??

You remind me of an old bag that when i was a kid we use to annoy just because he got annoyed!
Yeah, that's what I enjoy doing versus enjoying being rude. I've done this on other occasions and the poster suddenly is gone. I normally haven't bragged about it, but since the guy said his goal was to piss off as many folks as he could, I thought I'd just swat that insect.

I too warn of dear children or anything potentially hazardous... my question is... if you were going down a road, and saw some guy flash his lights at you, and you look down at the speedometer, and saw that you were going 5+... would you slow down so you wouldn't get a ticket??

if you would slow down, then you should return the favor and help other people out that could possibly be in your situation

Milkdud99 said:
awwww couldn't handle the stress??? had to be a big boy and go tell the moderator??

You remind me of an old bag that when i was a kid we use to annoy just because he got annoyed!
BTW, you could well be next..........

Flywrite said:
I gotta agree with Jarhead here...

That cop has a job to do, and while that job may occasionally cause some inconvenience or expense to you, that job also involves protecting you and the people you care about.

Say you flash your lights to warn that oncoming car of a cop ahead. He slows down, passes the cop, then speeds back up and hits a pedestrian a mile down the road because of his .09 blood alcohol content. What if that pedestrian was your wife, son, mother, or best friend?
Suddenly it doesnt sound like such a good idea, does it?

Same goes for ramp checks. People may be getting on that pencil-whiped 421 on the ramp. People with very little aviation knowledge who trust that they will be flown in a safely maintained aircraft with a well trained and conscientious pilot. If their assumption is correct then a ramp check is a non-event.

If you dont want a ticket, slow down. That simple.

What if..What if.. Hey what if Germany won the war?? You can say "What if" all day.

Hey jarhead? Is that you dog? If it is... nice dog!

Actually, the penalty box is for people who post inappropriate things and for those who offend others. If I offended you than you are very fragile. I think the mods will see that I haven't offended anyone. But it is funny that you have to run and tell the mods sissy.

MVSW said:
Hey jarhead? Is that you dog? If it is... nice dog!
That's my dog. She's slowing down a bit now as she turned 11 in April. When she was younger, her favorite pass time was to retrieve golf balls I'd throw into 6 feet deep water in the lake. I know she had her eyes open swimming around down there, as occasionally she'd come up with two of them at a time in her mouth.

Every so often, I get people flashing thier lights at me. It has definetly saved me a few times, because I usually drive at least 15mph over the posted speed limit. The fastest I have ever driven a car is 103mph, but luckily, I wasn't caught.

Latest resources

Back