Police warning!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Milkdud99 said:
People who correlate flying to driving, are just talking outa their butt! i fly differently than i drive! should be serious and professional and that is because 80% or more of the people who fly, take it seriously. Driving is a different story. People are jerks and think they own the road. AND by driving fast doesn't mean someone is an agressive driver. they are two totally different things. And agressive driver normally is a fast one, but a fast driver isn't always agressive. I classify myself as a fast driver. I try not to tailgate, and dont try to piss people off, cause they might be crazy enough to pull a gun on you. But no one is going to shoot you just because you pass them!

Yeah, you print that out and take it with you to your first airline interview to go with your motor vehicle records check.

If you routinely speed, you will eventually get caught and probably be given a ticket. The location of where you are speeding is big in determining whether or not you will be pulled over and given a ticket.
If you are doing 5-6 MPH over but you are in a school zone or cruising through a housing development with lots of kiddies running around, you will probably get nabbed. If you are driving on a desolate road where there is nothing, you could probably get away with 15-20MPH over and be just fine.

Here is a helpful tip from my friendly police officer girlfriend (future bride)
If you do get pulled over for speeding DON'T LIE, DON'T CALL US NAMES, BE POLITE AND COURTEOUS and we might just give you a warning.

Let us all be aware of our personal over the speed limit permissiveness. For example which car is going faster a clean reasonable new sedan with a >30 year driver with short hair and a clean shirt traveling at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone or a pimply faced long hair teenager in a primer colored ****box mustang covered with moroso and edelbrock stickers going 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. Of course the world claims not to be prejudiced but the mind just don't work that way.

People who correlate flying to driving, are just talking outa their butt! i fly differently than i drive!

Is that the voice of 250 hours of experience, or do you suppose that insurance companies, aircraft companies, airlines, charter firms, corporations, flight schools, yada ad nauseum just know less than you? Which would that be?

How you operate your twelve thousand dollar vehicle does indeed have a very big bearing on how you operate that twenty five million dollar vehicle. If you can't be trusted to operate responsibly and within the law in something a sixteen year old pimple faced ball of nerves can legally do, it speaks spades about your character as a pilot...weather you like it, or not.

What you do in your car, from speeding to driving under the influence, will most certainly be taken as demonstration of your character as a pilot. The FAA thinks so, insurance companies think so, employers think so. That you do not means...nothing. Wise up.

avbug said:
Is that the voice of 250 hours of experience, or do you suppose that insurance companies, aircraft companies, airlines, charter firms, corporations, flight schools, yada ad nauseum just know less than you? Which would that be?

How you operate your twelve thousand dollar vehicle does indeed have a very big bearing on how you operate that twenty five million dollar vehicle. If you can't be trusted to operate responsibly and within the law in something a sixteen year old pimple faced ball of nerves can legally do, it speaks spades about your character as a pilot...weather you like it, or not.

What you do in your car, from speeding to driving under the influence, will most certainly be taken as demonstration of your character as a pilot. The FAA thinks so, insurance companies think so, employers think so. That you do not means...nothing. Wise up.

its funny how general you can make your statements! NO ONE can fit people into a mold! Your are ASSUMING that because i drive a little fast, that i am a bad pilot, and that i break every rule in the FAR. Well the sad thing is, is that you are wrong. The way i handle myself in the cockpit is completely different from how i handle myself in the "real world!"

If your saying that your real life parrallels how you act in the cockpit then i feel bad for you. There is a time and a place for seriousness and a time and a place for humor. The way I handle myself in the cockpit is a serious no BS manner, but when i get down and out of the aircraft, my nice, relaxed, funny side comes out! If you feel you have to be a tight wad all the time then go ahead. but DO NOT be judgmental and throw me in some category by just a few posts on a forum.

You seem to use words like childish and immature in a lot of your posts around hear. So i'll relay them to you. Being Judgemental on first impressions like you have done with me, Is very CHILDISH and IMMATURE! If you really have an urge to see how i act, meet me and you'll be suprised!

navigator72 said:
If you routinely speed, you will eventually get caught and probably be given a ticket. The location of where you are speeding is big in determining whether or not you will be pulled over and given a ticket.
If you are doing 5-6 MPH over but you are in a school zone or cruising through a housing development with lots of kiddies running around, you will probably get nabbed. If you are driving on a desolate road where there is nothing, you could probably get away with 15-20MPH over and be just fine.

Here is a helpful tip from my friendly police officer girlfriend (future bride)
If you do get pulled over for speeding DON'T LIE, DON'T CALL US NAMES, BE POLITE AND COURTEOUS and we might just give you a warning.
I'll try not to confuse your girlfriend if she gets lucky enough to catch me off guard.

Crimson03 said:
Let us all be aware of our personal over the speed limit permissiveness. For example which car is going faster a clean reasonable new sedan with a >30 year driver with short hair and a clean shirt traveling at 60 mph in a 45 mph zone or a pimply faced long hair teenager in a primer colored ****box mustang covered with moroso and edelbrock stickers going 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. Of course the world claims not to be prejudiced but the mind just don't work that way.
Hahaha...I got three tickets in one weekend on a motorcyle when I was 18 years old and it was a 550 Super Sport.

Now I got an 1050 CC, 6 cyl, 6 carb, 24 valve, dual overhead cam, leviathan. It has seen some pretty good red line action, but no tickets.

Maybe it isn't FASTER in the older v. younger scenario...maybe it's EXPERIENCE?

I was out blowing off some steam on the interestate one day with the CBX. I'd slow down around some cars, gently pass them and get back over in the right lane. When a clear patch would come up ahead, I would downshift and pound the snot out of that 6 banger. Only between the "emergency u-turn" places the cops sit and not near any overpasses. I got this highway memorized like the back of my hand.

I'm pounding up to a group of cars and then slowing down, easing into the left lane and passing and then after it's clear again...it's back to afterburners. Gotta love those federally mandated 85 mph speedometers.

Anyway, as I'm about ready to do the "in the clear thing" again, I notice what appears to be a mini-van in my left rear view mirror and it's steaming along quite nicely and my brane says, "Mini-van?" No way!

So I back down and do the 7 mph over thing, to remain at the highway flow speed and as the "mini-van" gets closer, I see it's a Wisconsin State patrol Crown Victoria with rack lights on the roof. The shape of the vehicle looks like a mini-van in my rear view mirror. I guess he was sneaking up and trying get some "certified calibrated" odometer time on me.

He tagged along for a while, but there was not going to be a speeding ticket from him that day.

If you're young, dumb and full of cum...you'll get your adult education one ticket at a time.

Last edited:
I've been ticketed for doing 93mph in a 15mph school-zone. I asked the cop if I could see the radar reading. He said no. I then told him that I must have a faulty speedometer. He wasn't happy.

UnAnswerd said:
I've been ticketed for doing 93mph in a 15mph school-zone. I asked the cop if I could see the radar reading. He said no. I then told him that I must have a faulty speedometer. He wasn't happy.
Did he help you dig the "Dora the Explorer" and "Shrek" lunch pails out of your wheel wells? They always roll their eyes when I ask them to help me with that one...as if holding my beer for me while I do it is being enough of a public servant.

Latest resources

Back