• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police warning!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, that's a possiblility, but I really don't think so. I know lots of folks who drive as I do.....safely

avbug said:
Utterly pathetic. I'd have been embarassed to post such pansy candy-assed garbage. And then you want a warning about a ramp check. News flash...doesn't that disrupt the purpose of the ramp check? How about having your paperwork in order, flying within limits, and being prepared at any time to submit to a ramp check, as you should? How about acting like a professional, instead of crawling around in fear of getting caught?

Sad. Very, very sad.

humm about that ramp check..... i just put that in so this would stay in the general section not nonaviation related!

and no i am not embarassed to post it.....

As far as garbage??? ask your girlfriend if she got garbage last night... i think i DID deliver!

HAHA

Last edited:
jarhead said:
I'll turn 65 years of age in three weeks, and since I retired 7 years ago,

Oh so your one of those OLD GEEZERS taking up the road... now i get it! should you have your drivers liscence taken away you senile fool!

Last edited:
jarhead said:
Well, that's a possiblility, but I really don't think so. I know lots of folks who drive as I do.....safely

Sorry Jarhead, but I'm not really unsafe just by driving my usual 5-9 mph over the speed limit. If someone can't control their car when doing 60 in a 55, then they shouldn't be driving in the first place. As someone else said, this is more about tax revenue than it is safety.

Milkdud99 said:
jarhead said:
I'll turn 65 years of age in three weeks, and since I retired 7 years ago, QUOTE]

Oh so your one of those OLD GEEZERS taking up the road... now i get it! should you have your drivers liscence taken away you senile fool!
You obviously can't read very well. I outlined in one post that I am definitely not one of those "old geezers" who take up the road, drive too slow and are a hazard to others. I know who you speak of, but I am not there yet! I have had the same driving disciplines since I was in my twenties.

You, on the other hand, appear to be one of the reckless young punks that are in the demographic area where your insurance rates are sky high due to the behavior of the group like you. The cause of carnage on the road because you think you're above the law, and are not concerned with the well being of others or your own hide. I hope you don't kill yourself due to your attitude on the topic of adhering to the rules of the road, but you certainly are a higher risk of doing just that than those who are aware of the consequences of excessive speed.

Do you enjoy being rude?

jarhead said:
Milkdud99 said:
You obviously can't read very well. I outlined in one post that I am definitely not one of those "old geezers" who take up the road, drive too slow and are a hazard to others. I know who you speak of, but I am not there yet! I have had the same driving disciplines since I was in my twenties.

You, on the other hand, appear to be one of the reckless young punks that are in the demographic area where your insurance rates are sky high due to the behavior of the group like you. The cause of carnage on the road because you think you're above the law, and are not concerned with the well being of others or your own hide. I hope you don't kill yourself due to your attitude on the topic of adhering to the rules of the road, but you certainly are a higher risk of doing just that than those who are aware of the consequences of excessive speed.

Do you enjoy being rude?

ok... take a deep breath.... take a gasp of your oxygen.... and repeat after me. the first step to recovery is admitting your problem!

the "cause of carnage" hummmm just a little FYI (im a firefighter) i have seen my fair share of what you call "carnage" and it is mainly the people who decide to take a nap while driving 65... or the ones who weave in and out of traffic... just because i drive +5-10 mph doesn't mean you can stereotype me and put me in a category of being an agressive driver!

and YES i thoroughly enjoy being rude!:p jk jk

Yes, you’re right. I need to step back and seek council for “recovery”

Recovery from no tickets for excess speed, no traffic accidents, the lowest insurance rates of anyone I know, and people who are at ease and comfortable when they ride with me as passengers. That’s a pretty terrible affliction, I know, and I guess I should stop driving that way. Maybe with a little therapy, I can roll my vehicle going around a curve too fast, while forcing another car off the road, and making a paraplegic out of two drivers. That’s a worthy goal. I’ll work on it!

At least you’re honest about enjoying being rude. Courtesy doesn’t matter much in your occupation, but it could set you back a bit in social surroundings. Heck, maybe you’ll even earn a fist in the snot locker some day. That would be for the same style points you get with your driving ethics.

Now I know why I don’t give a heads up to drivers about cops ahead……I want them to catch and fine you.

G’day.

Firefighter? Makes me embarassed to be one...you certainly don't represent the masses, kiddo. Teenager first year volunteer working toward your firefighter one certs, perhaps? You are aware that most jurisdictions limit even emergency vehicle speeds to only a few miles over the speed limit, right?

You threw in the part about the ramp check just so your thread wouldn't be thrown out, just to brag about what you did to your girlfriend? Fortunately, you won't have to worry about anybody taking your seriously here, from now on.

For the record, I do drive the speed limit, I do taxi with the airport diagram out, and I do have all the performance data avilable and done before the flight. When ramped, I can show duty times, flight times, and aircraft inspection times, and I'm not at all concerned that the FAA is wating. Nor local law enforcement. All they can do is confirm the facts; that I'm legal, and doing the right thing.

Doing it right the first time isn't a matter of chance; it's basic professionalism, and it extends beyond the cockpit. Attempting to go through life worrying weather you'll get caught is a foolish, immature, unprofessional outlook. Do it right and you eliminate all the stress of ducking and weaving to avoid being found out. Try get caught doing the right thing some time...you'll be amazed how much more simple your life becomes.

I like to drive at an average speed of 78 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. I do everything I can to get in an area that has very little traffic in it which lowers my chances of an idiot hitting me. Before I became a CFI I drove tractor trailers which makes me a professional driver. I have an excellent driving record and pretty low insurance premiums. I just feel that driving in a pack of cars is much more dangerous than driving past them and cruising on your own with no one around you.

Latest resources

Back