• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police nab pilot with loaded gun in luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a gun owner and I have never violated a gun law. Morons leave their firearms in luggage and try and act like it is no big deal. I always know where every one of my guns are and if they are loaded. BTW....my wife and kids can tell you the same info. It is called being a responsible gun owner!!!

I think you are wrong and don't even know it. If you have parked in a school parking lot with a gun in your trunk, you are a criminal. If you drive in VA on the interstate near DC but pass too close to federal property, you are a criminal. I've literally got 29,998 more of these.

You wouldn't be thinking that if the Nut Job at JetBlue would've had a .357 on him.

I've found many of the people that are FFDO Pilots about half probably shouldn't even be carrying gun!!!

I feel the same way about those who shouldn't be able to vote. Fortunately, the threshold for denying rights is a bit steeper than, "I don't like the cut of his jib."

Accident?????? Not knowing where your Loaded .357 is??? Bad Judgement...... Accident hell no! I own a gun and I know were it is 24/7!!

Your ceaseless perfection an unblemished conscience is a model to us all. Perhaps you will consider putting on a conference or at least publishing a newsletter, so that we all might could reach your lofty performance levels?

It was an obvious accident, no need to clog the system with needless paperwork and prosecution. If anything, it points to a system error.

The TSA was reportedly dumbfounded and in disbelief that one can enter the "system" without evar having been screened.

I think they are actually dumb and I don't believe they are unaware of the 1001 ways to surreptitiously breach security.

There are 50 ways to leave your lover, and at least 50 squared ways to get a small metal object into the transportation system. Y'all know this.

Your ceaseless perfection an unblemished conscience is a model to us all. Perhaps you will consider putting on a conference or at least publishing a newsletter, so that we all might could reach your lofty performance levels?

It's just about preserving what freedoms we have left. I don't want Known Crewmember to take a hit, because the reactionary thinking idiots at TSA think all pilots should be strip searched after something like this. I keep my flying baggage sterile. Don't mix it with other activities. Otherwise I would have guns, gerbers, knives, tools and would probably misplace my passport.

Wow.

I can't really imagine how this happened without him being hugely irresponsible, however...

If Delta can land on mike, then all bets are off. Chalk both delta's landing and his error as odd mistakes that are bound to happen every once in a while.

Besides, the 27" bag is flipping huge. I've lost lots of stuff in there before.

The TSA was reportedly dumbfounded and in disbelief that one can enter the "system" without evar having been screened.
Two dozen employees get off the bus. Twelve pilots and FAs get into the "first class/handicapped/toddler/elderly/people-with-comfort-pets/crew" TSA line while the other twelve maintenance employees with lunch pails and backpacks in tow punch a code into a door that is right beside the TSA line, go through the door, and pop out on the other side of the security checkpoint. Huh? No touching or x-files flourescent flashlight to see if ID is valid, no bag check of any kind, no doffing of any personal items to go through a metal detector? Approved!

Last edited:
It's just about preserving what freedoms we have left. I don't want Known Crewmember to take a hit, because the reactionary thinking idiots at TSA think all pilots should be strip searched after something like this. I keep my flying baggage sterile. Don't mix it with other activities. Otherwise I would have guns, gerbers, knives, tools and would probably misplace my passport.

That is exactly my protocol, but exchange gerbers (a knife?)for gerbils. I really like to let my hair down with the Mrs.

I think you are wrong and don't even know it. If you have parked in a school parking lot with a gun in your trunk, you are a criminal. If you drive in VA on the interstate near DC but pass too close to federal property, you are a criminal. I've literally got 29,998 more of these.

I know I am right!!!

Never done either....keep em comming. :)

Latest resources

Back