• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police nab pilot with loaded gun in luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Good. You ********************ing gun nuts. In what world did he think it was OK to leave a loaded .357 in his suit case?"

Well, he was going to LaGuardia......

Dude. I was eating cereal and wound up wearing it after I read that. Well done!

How do you "nab" someone?

I always associated "nabbing" with an unmarked van driving up and the door flying open as a couple of hooded guys grab someone then speed away.

The way it's worded it appears to be an FFDO. "U.S. airline pilots who receive special training may carry guns in the cockpit but are not allowed to have them elsewhere"

The ffdo gun is a 375 magnum?

Gee and I thought I was a rebel. I mean sometimes I leave my blazer at home before May 1st or after Oct. 1st. And occasionally I'll take my tie off and yes I'll admit it actually walk into the terminal. I'm on the edge I think I need help. It's a slippery slope, first the tie then before you know it I'll be trying to lug a flamethrower past security.

Last edited:
Good thing they "nabbed" him before he got control of an airplane.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...magnum-bag-arrested-buffalo-article-1.1081067

Apparently he is not a FFDO. Which pretty much makes him the dumbest SOB to embarrass the profession in the last, what 45 days? Is this some sort of competition? The Jet Blue pilot had a medical condition, so you got to top that by displaying clear lack of judgement and respect for the law? There must be easier ways to get away from your wife than 10 years in Federal prison. Good luck Brett. Can't wait to hear your explanation.

A) This is a not extremely uncommon situation, for non-FFDO's to inadvertently leave a personal firearm in personal luggage (like for a car trip), that later is used as work luggage.

B) This is a relatively common situation for it to happen when it is a general passenger. Even more so with just spare loose ammunition. When it is not an intentional act, it is rarely prosecuted.

C) No one has ever been fired for this in the USA, I am told.

D) I am told no one has been successfully terminated for a single instance like this.

E) Was it a massively gross oversight? Undoubtedly. Let he who is without fault cast the first stone. I doubt very much that a single person who owns a personal firearm has NEVER violated one of the over 30,000 firearms laws nationwide.

I am a gun owner and I have never violated a gun law. Morons leave their firearms in luggage and try and act like it is no big deal. I always know where every one of my guns are and if they are loaded. BTW....my wife and kids can tell you the same info. It is called being a responsible gun owner!!!

Latest resources

Back