• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police nab pilot with loaded gun in luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a gun owner and I have never violated a gun law.

I find that VERY hard to believe. I guess that could possibly depend on where you live and if your weapon ever leaves the safe.

But, it's like saying you've never, ever, broken a traffic law - even unintentionally. Though I'm sure you're a responsible driver too.

Phew imagine what he could have done with that .357! He could have like...hijacked the plane! Or even killed someone! OMGGGGGG

I find that VERY hard to believe. I guess that could possibly depend on where you live and if your weapon ever leaves the safe.

But, it's like saying you've never, ever, broken a traffic law - even unintentionally. Though I'm sure you're a responsible driver too.

Never violated a gun law...break pleanty of traffic laws!!!

I suppose it's best in these situations to wait for the facts. I keep thinking it must have been planted by someone else. If the gun was empty or the ammo packed separately, I could see him pulling the oops card. Loaded just isn't good. Two days unaccounted for. Was the bag always in his possession? I sometimes leave mine in the cabin? Unfortunately I think we as pilots fall in to the "know better" category, and that this guy won't get a pass if he is guilty.

Phew imagine what he could have done with that .357! He could have like...hijacked the plane! Or even killed someone! OMGGGGGG

You wouldn't be thinking that if the Nut Job at JetBlue would've had a .357 on him.

I've found many of the people that are FFDO Pilots about half probably shouldn't even be carrying gun!!!

You wouldn't be thinking that if the Nut Job at JetBlue would've had a .357 on him.

I've found many of the people that are FFDO Pilots about half probably shouldn't even be carrying gun!!!

Sure I would. I'm not very worried about bullet holes in the fuselage, and if that Capt's goal was to hurt someone he would have just crashed the plane without acting all wierd first. Or took the hatchet to his FO. A gun is the least of my concerns.

It was an obvious accident, no need to clog the system with needless paperwork and prosecution. If anything, it points to a system error.

Accident?????? Not knowing where your Loaded .357 is??? Bad Judgement...... Accident hell no! I own a gun and I know were it is 24/7!!

Latest resources

Back