Polar Air Cargo close to an AGREEMENT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heilhaavir said:
True some are disappointed but in general I think it will pass. I'm sure you'll tell me tonight if I'm wrong :)

Dude,

I know it will pass, I know that no one wants to be out there walking the picket lines again and would rather be in the cockpit of a comfy 747 ;)

Good luck!

:cool:Good Luck Polar guys/gals. Hopefully you get what you wanted! I am very greatful for you guys having the balls to walk and tell mgmnt to stick it when everyone else is CAVING!!!

IFALPA non hire list?

I'd like to piggy back on Biker's question...where would I find an IFALPA no hire list that Tony C referred to? I am about to jump out of the military, and into the civilian side of the house, and would like to start my career out on the right foot...

I think they are being sarcastic...as this is the first time someone has mentioned this. I'd like to see that scab list too...

Hey...Tony C...what a great screen name...Bubble Boy...I might use this.

I hope the TA honestly works out for you guys at Polar.

Last edited:
Biker said:
Tony C.

Which company has an IFALPA hiring ban? Curious minds want to know. Can you give details on where to find this info. Thanks
The hiring ban is no longer in effect. It was Cathay following the firing of 51 pilots. Unable to strike, they conducted an industrial action, effectively working "to rule." The hiring ban was widely publicized at the time. That's it in a nutshell.

Well, now that the strike is over, I thought I would post these "B747-300's GREATEST HITS!"

Thanks for all the laughs B747-300, you sir, are a true scab. And without further ado... an Atlas Pilots perspective on the Polar strike from our friend B747-300:

--------------------------------------

“A long period of unemployment might help you see things more clearly.”

“The two groups working together??? What a laugh.”

”As for the guy who honored the picket line at the training center, he'll be terminated. And I don't think there's an arbitrator in the world that would overturn his termination.”

“Here's the new Atlas motto:
WE DON'T CROSS PICKET LINES........WE GO AROUND THEM”

On the Atlas side things are going great! The planes are very full (and on time) and most guys are earning above guarantee. What little support you have remaining will be gone when the pay hits the bank! Many of us are now secretly hoping you never come back.”

” You wont fly those planes (or any others) anywhere else because you'll always be remembered as the dufus who went on strike…”

”BTW, not one Atlas pilot has crossed a Polar picket line! Absolutely true. We have had alternate entrances established and we report for work at the standard time by avoiding the picket lines.”

” I hope you've got enough people to cover all the possible entry points onto the ramps at FAI and ANC. When faced with "Fly the flight or be disciplined", I don't think too many Atlas guys are going to stick their necks out for the likes of you.”

“The 30th is the day. Nearly 100 more crewmembers will be furloughed if Polar crews don't accept what's on the table by then. I think this will continue until there is no longer a Polar Air Cargo.”

“You will still be on strike through this peak season. And the next one. And the one after that. And.....”

Polar will be gone!”

TonyC said:
You're living in a dream world if you think you get to operate your little Atlas airplane in your own little bubble.
Here you go TonyC...never mind.

Furloughfodder...can you imagine flying with -300?! You guys know him...is he doing this for attention or is he really THIS...I'd rather not say.

Last edited:
Captain Monkey Suit said:
Here you go TonyC...never mind.
Ahhh, now I follow you. I thought you were talking about my screen name.

Do you remember when desktop computers were wider than they were tall, and they had a Turbo button on the front? Apparently I turned my "computer" on sans the turbo, so you'll forgive me for being a little slow. :)

Latest resources

Back