Polar Air Cargo close to an AGREEMENT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mar said:
Why FedEx is so preoccupied with this stike I have no idea. Don't you have bigger fish to fry.
We've already covered the why part. It's not about just little ole mar operating on his own little island where nobody gets hurt, nobody gets helped. As a matter of fact, we're in the middle of frying some pretty big fish, and we plan on enjoying a very satisfying meal.

If we strike, will you fly our struck work, too? Just because Atlas management tells you to fly Atlas airplanes? Because it's a U.S. Mail contract? What will be your "rationale" then?

It's a small, small world.

Those struck freight rules that Alpa came up with helped a "LITTLE" bit during the first week of the polar strike. When the judge ruled in favor of Atlas and issued the TRO, struck freight rules out the window. Who's the say Fedex management wont get a TRO.
I hope things work out better for the Fedex guys than they have for Polar. If you guys go on strike I will honour you picket line, thats a no brainer.

Short of SKY-DIVING onto their aircraft, most Atlas pilots were quite CRAFTY at finding ALTERNATE ways of avoiding the Polar PIKET LINES........

I just hope the Atlas guys who opposed Polar's efforts in this strike enjoy their 20% paycut in the upcoming contract. :rolleyes:

Bug off Tony.

TonyC said:
As a matter of fact, we're in the middle of frying some pretty big fish, and we plan on enjoying a very satisfying meal.

Then what's the problem?

Stop insinuating yourself into other's problems.

mar said:
Stop insinuating yourself into other's problems.
If it was just YOUR problem, mar, I would not bother, believe me. As I have explained many times before, and as you continue to refuse to comprehend, the issue has far-reaching ramifications throughout our entire industry.

A strike at any U.S. carrier has ramifications for all U.S. carriers. A strike at any cargo carrier has ramifications for all cargo carriers. A strike at a U.S. cargo carrier has tremendous ramifications for all U.S. cargo carriers. You're living in a dream world if you think you get to operate your little Atlas airplane in your own little bubble.

All in all you seem like a pretty smart fella, but for the life of me I can't figure out how you can be so dense on these issues. First you try to get a job with a company that has an IFALPA hiring ban, and now you jump through hoops to dodge ALPA picket lines. You really like to live life on the edge, dontcha?

There, nothing subtle about that - - no insinuating. I've bent over backwards to be civil and subtle, but perhaps you're more receptive to straight shooting. If you really wanted to do the RIGHT thing, you would have been looking for picket lines to impede your progress to that Atlas airplane. The judge said you didn't have to cross a picket line, and you should have taken every advantage of that order.

Yeah, I know, I wasn't there. If that makes you feel better, fine. You're the one that has to live with himself.

Tony you just like to argue; I have no interest.

TonyC said:
...but perhaps you're more receptive to straight shooting...

Now you're talking.

Life on the edge: You have no idea.

Tony C.

Which company has an IFALPA hiring ban? Curious minds want to know. Can you give details on where to find this info. Thanks

Will It Pass?

Just spoke to a Polaroid buddy of mine, and he says that many Polar pilots are still not happy with this TA, that passed by the MEC by a 2 to 1 vote (not a good start). The reason for this, is that this TA closely resembles the offer that was on the table all along from the company, and after 2 weeks of walking this is all that was gained!

Comments?

Latest resources

Back