Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
Any updates on the situation? Good luck - unify for long-term gain!!!!

On Your Six,

A temporary restraining order was filed yesterday ordering Atlas crew members to return to work, and to not get involved with the Polar strike, and to cross all picket lines, and keep the Atlas operation going. I'm sure Polar will appeal, but I don't believe they will prevail in this endeavour.

It's not looking too good for the Polar crews, maybe some of the Polar guys on this board can give us some insight from their side of the fence.

Good luck to all involved

B747FR8DAWG said:
On Your Six,

A temporary restraining order was filed yesterday ordering Atlas crew members to return to work, and to not get involved with the Polar strike, and to cross all picket lines, and keep the Atlas operation going. I'm sure Polar will appeal, but I don't believe they will prevail in this endeavour.

It's not looking too good for the Polar crews, maybe some of the Polar guys on this board can give us some insight from their side of the fence.

Good luck to all involved

Why do you believe this? Why do you say things are not looking good good for Polar? Do you still believe there is a problem between Atlas and Polar crews???:rolleyes:

I really hate to admit this, but I think B747FR8DAWG is right about this one. The odds of Polar getting a favorable ruling in tomorrow's court hearing is slim at best. We have a staunch anti-labor republican government in place right now. The last place you want a labor dispute ending up is in federal court these days.

I really hope I am wrong, but I am not optimistic.

Whale Rider said:
Why do you believe this? Why do you say things are not looking good good for Polar? Do you still believe there is a problem between Atlas and Polar crews???:rolleyes:

Hey there is no problem with the Polar or Atlas crews, it's the Polar appeal to the restraining order, where the problem lies. The courts these days are anti-labor, and I'm sure the company will state the fact that we do a significant amout of flying on behalf of the US military, and that our services are necessary to those troops based overseas, and I'm sure they will reiterate that it's Polar on strike not Atlas!

Good luck guys!

B747FR8DAWG said:
Hey there is no problem with the Polar or Atlas crews, it's the Polar appeal to the restraining order, where the problem lies. The courts these days are anti-labor, and I'm sure the company will state the fact that we do a significant amout of flying on behalf of the US military, and that our services are necessary to those troops based overseas, and I'm sure they will reiterate that it's Polar on strike not Atlas!

Good luck guys!

I guess we'll find out real soon.

Just heard that the Judge ruled in the Unions favor. There are some restrictions, but suffice it to say the Company is really going to be under pressure.

States that no Atlas crew member can be forced to cross any Polar line.....but he/she has to see the line. This effectivly shuts down the training center and Alaska airports.

Vars should be up on the subject shortly. My info came from a friend manning the lines, so I do not have the full details yet.

Last edited:
I heard this as well! I am extremely excited about this, I have to admit I was not that optimistic! I love being proven wrong!!!!

Last edited:
Corporate Slug said:
Just heard that the Judge ruled in the Unions favor. There are some restrictions, but suffice it to say the Company is really going to be under pressure.

States that no Atlas crew member can be forced to cross any Polar line.....but he/she has to see the line. This effectivly shuts down the training center and Alaska airports.

Vars should be up on the subject shortly. My info came from a friend manning the lines, so I do not have the full details yet.

EDIT: VARS is now up on the subject. My guess is that ALPA national and the Atlas MEC will be coming out with something soon re-establishing the affirmation of SCAB status for any crew member crossing a legal picket line.

Does this include people who are in new hire training status, or will they still be allowed to attend class?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back