Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heilhaavir said:
....he played with 50+ lives.

Not to mention those of us who had their class cancelled with 5 days notice. Some had even quit jobs already for this class. Total disrespect.

heilhaavir said:
(BTW Reebo, to answer your question, there is NO offer on the table, just propaganda and misinformation, don't believe a word from JC)

thanks for the info, good luck and stay strong. i'll be glad to join you guys on the picket line if it comes down to it!

Last edited:
rtmcfi said:
Atlas folks-
Help out the Polar guys. You are next.....
No, the Atlas guys were first!!! This selective memory sh%t is funny. Polar screwed the Atlas guys during thier final hour of negotiations and now they want their support and feel something is owed to them.......

The fact is that with fuel costs so high, Polar cannot make a profit, however there is loads of acmi business out there that is being turned down (in acmi, the customer pays for the fuel). Polar will die on the vine and the planes that were Atlas's in the first place, will go back to Atlas and on to new acmi contracts.

There are alot of good guys at Polar, unfortunately, they are shadowed by these militant a-holes that want to shut both airlines because they feel they are owed something. Get a grip!!!

Craven Morhead said:
No, the Atlas guys were first!!! This selective memory sh%t is funny. Polar screwed the Atlas guys during thier final hour of negotiations and now they want their support and feel something is owed to them.......

Your MEC disagrees with you, they know you are next.

Craven, if PO's not profitable then shut it down, it's as easy as that. Why keep screaming wolf, show us that you can do it once and for all. I'm not a militant and don't think I ever did something to you or any of your buds, but you're not going to scare me with threats of shutting the place down. E & C spend millions on OT but can't seem to manage a scheduling dept and even less a travel dept that is costing even more but that's the pilots' fault? Dude, they (and you) have to go back to school.

And hey, relax, ACMI's doing great, life is good, so show us a nice big smile

BTW I'm not asking for your help :):)

Last edited:
Craven, As we all know here, Atlas Holdings is working you guys aginst Polar now, as the have been all along. And guess what...............your falling foir it hook-line-and sinker. Why don't you give up your grudge and help your PROFESSION? It is a different time now than it was back then.........more at stake. Let it go man!

We hear all the "support your profession" talk now that Polar is at the table, but nobody will ever forget what was done to Atlas when we were in the same spot. Both groups could have been at the table together at the same time if Polar hadn't accepted the contract extension/pay raise in the first place. And Atlas ended up with one of the worst QOL contracts in the industry because Polar said they would fly the struck work.

Don't try to claim that things are any different now with the "new" MEC at Polar. Your chairman doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed and everyone figures BF is still running the show anyway. The same people who sold us down the river the last go around are crying for our help now. What a joke.

Don't try to claim that things are any different now with the "new" MEC at Polar. Your chairman doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed and everyone figures BF is still running the show anyway. The same people who sold us down the river the last go around are crying for our help now. What a joke

I really don't know anything about Polar selling you out last time. I am not doubting you. I think it sucks if that's what they did. But, for your own sake, you probably should band together to stop the divide and conquer. Best of luck to both groups.

B747-300 said:
We hear all the "support your profession" talk now that Polar is at the table, but nobody will ever forget what was done to Atlas when we were in the same spot. Both groups could have been at the table together at the same time if Polar hadn't accepted the contract extension/pay raise in the first place. And Atlas ended up with one of the worst QOL contracts in the industry because Polar said they would fly the struck work.

Don't try to claim that things are any different now with the "new" MEC at Polar. Your chairman doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed and everyone figures BF is still running the show anyway. The same people who sold us down the river the last go around are crying for our help now. What a joke.

As I said before, in the past. nearly half of both senority lists were not here for the last time....different group. Most of the "newbies" came from every conceivable airline out there...and most were screwed royaly by their previous mgmt. teams.

The new crowd is tired of the managment whipsaw approach, they saw it repeatedly with the RJ issue and the transfer of flying from the mainlines. Atlas is not safe, your contract is up next year.

I know none of the "newbie" ex airline types would dare do any Atlas work when it comes your turn next year.

The only way for Polar and Atlas to survive with any kind of QOL or pay is to stand together. If they do not......well just look around at the ones that used to be the "Big Boys' of the airline industry.......they are all being flown by much lower paid RJ pilots that were in diapers when they got their job at the major.

Contract needs to get solved, and then PO and ATlas need to merge asap, then the whipsaw stops.

Kerosene, unfortunately it is difficult to define struck work in ACMI. Let's assume that SAI (just for the sake of the example) has an ACMI contract with Asiana for instance. Asiana goes on strike, SAI continues flying the contract and actually now adds a few frequencies. Asiana pilots not very happy obviously but nothing they can do because the govt could care less. Let's say now that SAI goes on strike, Asiana still needs to move their freight, they advise SAI that their contract is cancelled because they cannot fulfill their contractual obligations and they sign a contract with let's say Tradewinds or Focus or both (again just as an example). The latter have not crossed the line, it is Asiana's freight they are carrying, not SAI's....

Another example is the military. If PO goes on strike the military will turn to someone else for the lift and whoever does fly it is not crossing the line, it's not PO freight. Now if someone were to fly PO flt #s on PO scheduled runs, then yes, that is PO freight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back