Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The people who have the ability to add someone to the list can also be held accountable for their actions!

Half of all the people currently on the list are probably dues paying members in good standing of ALPA. Being on the list is not much of a stigma anymore, especially for crewmembers that don't have to jumpseat to get to work.

And how is it you think you can prove that an Atlas guy was aware of your picket line? Just flying an Atlas plane full of Atlas cargo doesn't make us scabs.

"I am complying with the order of a Federal Judge!" and "I never saw ANY picket line when I reported for duty!" are the phrases of the week.

B747-300 said:
"I am complying with the order of a Federal Judge!" and "I never saw ANY picket line when I reported for duty!" are the phrases of the week.

Sounds like a good defense......I suggest you use it during the hearing to clear you'r name......Sometime in the next 8 to 10 years.....Better fly overtime, it's gonna get expensive!!!

B747-300 said:
Half of all the people currently on the list are probably dues paying members in good standing of ALPA. Being on the list is not much of a stigma anymore, especially for crewmembers that don't have to jumpseat to get to work.

I have a feeling that you SPEAK from EXPERIENCE!!!

ALPA's scab list is meaningless. If you pay your dues, all is forgiven.

Case in point, an Eastern scab is the head of the ALPA Security Committee at ASA. The ASA MEC and ALPA National knew all about him prior to his being placed in that position. Their explanation? "He apologized"!

He is still on the scab list. He is in a position of leadership now with ALPA. Go figure. Way to go ALPA.

If things were going well at the Polar picket lines you guys probably wouldn't be on here making meaningless threats. There seem to be fewer and fewer guys with signs each day....easy to miss the picket line as we report for duty!

I guess the only question remaining concerning the Polar strike is this: Did you shut down Polar or did Polar shut you down?

Peak Transit Season Slowing Asian Hubs By Mike Buetow Wednesday, 28 September 2005 NEW YORK -- Asia’s peak shipping season kicked off with pilot strikes, rate increases and reports of tight space conditions in some areas, particularly in regions that route cargo through transit hubs.

A strike by Polar Air Cargo pilots is expected to last through the peak season and cut freighter capacity out of Shanghai, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea, said Trans Global Logistics USA, a major freight forwarder. Japan Airlines and Asiana immediately imposed rate increases after the strike was announced Sept. 16. The full impact of the strike is expected to hit toward the end of the month, TGL said.

Carriers are also hiking fuel surcharges by as much as 67 cents per kilogram.

Furthermore, there is typically a surge in air freight prior to the Chinese National Holiday celebration, which runs from Oct. 1-7. Shanghai and Hong Kong are among the areas expected to feel the brunt of peak season traffic, particularly due to high volumes of electronics goods. TGL advised allowing an extra one or two days of transit time for freight routing through Asian transit hubs because of congestion.

This ones for you "Bagdad Bob"!

Whale,

I agree! You will still be on strike through this peak season. And the next one. And the one after that. And...............................................................

You must be very disappointed that your strike has had such a minimal impact on world markets. A one or two day delay is nothing. I'm sure cargo carriers (some of them are current Atlas customers) are thrilled to be getting higher rates since Polar went away.

How's everything going on the picket lines? I hear that you're having some problems staffing many of the locations. Having your own guys question the rational of this strike must be very damaging to morale.

Thanks for the whale drivel, but I am still expecting an answer to my earlier question.

Maybe you guys can grovel in D.C. tomorrow and save your jobs. I wouldn't expect the last offer to be available anymore though.

You can continue to cry all you want about the past, but in the end you'll just cry some more.

B747-300.....You have no idea how damaging you'r attitude towards the Polar pilots can be....Remember, other pilot groups view this forum. You guys are not looking very labor friendly these days.....You just might start running into trouble trying to jump seat around the system.....Oh by the way, it is against JS policy to request a JS when you'r Co. is required to buy YOU a ticket.....Oh I forgot.....Atlas TAXES you guys on those tickets.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back