Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B747-300 said:
Atlas is back to operations normal today!

Sounds like you stayed up all night studying that VARS meassage, in order to interpret any ounce of negativity you could squeeze out of it........;)

Last edited:
"Who's going to be doing the teaching???"

A Part 142 training center, as approved by the Atlas POI.

"Sounds like you stayed up all night studying that VARS meassage, in order to interpret any ounce of negativity you could squeeze out of it........"

No reason to embellish. The exact text is posted in quotes. I think the judge's ruling is clear. I think the part about "physically" crossing a line is very damaging to you guys. No more "token" presence at an airport and trying to claim there is a strike line. Now you'll have to cover all ramp entrances at all airports around the clock. Given the lack of support amongst your own council membership, that could be a very tall order.

B747-300 said:
"Sounds like you stayed up all night studying that VARS meassage, in order to interpret any ounce of negativity you could squeeze out of it........"

No reason to embellish.
And yet that didn't stop you from embellishing.

By the way, "Atlas is back to operations normal today!" is not an accurate embellishment.

It's pretty pathetic when an Atlas pilot would take aim against Polar pilots as if THEY were his enemy. That you would wish ill fortune on them demonstrates just how pitiful a human being you are.

"It's pretty pathetic when an Atlas pilot would take aim against Polar pilots as if THEY were his enemy. That you would wish ill fortune on them demonstrates just how pitiful a human being you are."

THEY ARE THE ENEMY!

In the 11th hour of our initial contract negotiations Bob F., the Polar MEC Chairman, said that Polar would fly our struck work.

The crewmembers at Polar also voted in favor of a pay raise and contract extension rather than negotiate at the same time as Atlas.

These same guys wanted to staple us to the bottom of their seniority list when the Atlas and Polar lists are merged.

Now they expect us to rescue them from their sinking ship. No way! Dumb reason to strike and a really dumb time. They're about to get what they deserve.

We have the right to feed our families by flying Atlas planes full of Atlas cargo.

B747-300 said:
"It's pretty pathetic when an Atlas pilot would take aim against Polar pilots as if THEY were his enemy. That you would wish ill fortune on them demonstrates just how pitiful a human being you are."

THEY ARE THE ENEMY!

In the 11th hour of our initial contract negotiations Bob F., the Polar MEC Chairman, said that Polar would fly our struck work.

The crewmembers at Polar also voted in favor of a pay raise and contract extension rather than negotiate at the same time as Atlas.

These same guys wanted to staple us to the bottom of their seniority list when the Atlas and Polar lists are merged.

Now they expect us to rescue them from their sinking ship. No way! Dumb reason to strike and a really dumb time. They're about to get what they deserve.

We have the right to feed our families by flying Atlas planes full of Atlas cargo.

You trying to use your own personal hatred to personify the Atlas pilot groups feelings aren't working.......you're all alone.....too bad.:rolleyes:

You Polar guys are spending too much time at the computer and not enough time on your picket lines! Why aren't you out carrying a sign, Whale? I hear Fairbanks is lovely this time of year!

Curious that you never offer an explanation for abandoning Atlas crews (twice) in our hour of need. I guess it is just much easier to refer to me as "all alone" than it is to address the real issue.

B747-300 said:
You Polar guys are spending too much time at the computer and not enough time on your picket lines! Why aren't you out carrying a sign, Whale? I hear Fairbanks is lovely this time of year!

Curious that you never offer an explanation for abandoning Atlas crews (twice) in our hour of need. I guess it is just much easier to refer to me as "all alone" than it is to address the real issue.

I'm no where near Fairbanks........you on the other hand are in a place alot colder than Fairbanks.....because you're all alone. Brrrrrr!

I'll try a more direct approach:

Dear Whale Rider:

Why did you and your fellow crewmembers at Polar abandon Atlas crewmembers when we needed you most?

Sincerely,

B747-300

B747-300 said:
I'll try a more direct approach:

Dear Whale Rider:

Why did you and your fellow crewmembers at Polar abandon Atlas crewmembers when we needed you most?

Sincerely,

B747-300

Why are you intent on keeping a grudge from the past alive?

There is a better than average chance that Whale was not even at Polar during the last contract......just like a huge number of Atlas guys were not.

Most could care less what happened last time, they are looking forward. Heck if 9/11 had not happened I would still be at a Major airline, but I do not dwell on something I cannot change. My main concern is what I do now to make the future better.

Like it or not, unless there is a full shutdown of Polar, you will be working with these people until you turn 60. Keep going like you are and you will be like one of those bitter old farts at my last carrier that was still ticked about a merger that happened 15 years earlier. They led a miserable existance. I suspect you are so balled up over the past that you have nothing except anger and bitterness left.

"Why are you intent on keeping a grudge from the past alive?"

The current MEC Chair was installed by Bob F., the former MEC Chair. Bob F. is still the defacto leader of the Polar council. And because past action is a pretty good indicator of what we can expect in the future.

I think Polar crews would sell us out again if the price was right.

Latest resources

Back