Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B747-300 said:
"Why are you intent on keeping a grudge from the past alive?"

I think Polar crews would sell us out again if the price was right.

I could care less what the previous guys did, nor will I let them say what I will do in the future. In case you haven't noticed, the pilots hired over the last 3 years(and there are quite a few) have no idea what happened back then nor do they care either. Most of the "newbies" at both Atlas and Polar are retreads from the Majors that were butchered after 9/11. We saw mgmt. and the MEC's (yes the MEC's had a hand in it) sell the junior guys down the river, give away routes to RJ's, and allow different pilot groups to be played against each other (mainlines and regionals....very very similar to what is being done to Atlas/Polar)

Pretty much 100% of them learned from the experience. That lesson? Never ever allow mgmt. to take advantage of one side of the company by using the other side of the company. Too bad you have not had the chance to see first hand how bad it can really get. Atlas and Polar have been insulated from the really bad stuff. I am not talking about the day to day ops. I am speaking of guys with 35 years in getting his entire pension wiped out, or guys that had been retired for 10 years losing their pension!!

The squabbling among Polar and Atlas about what happened last time is meaningless and only takes you one step closer to the free for all blood fest that is what used to be the largest carriers in the world.

Tried twice to finish my reply but the system kept cutting me off.

Suffice it to say, Atlas will be crushed next year without Polars help, and Polar will be crushed this year without Atlas's help. You either work together for a fair contract, or you both get screwed.

There is no in between.

B747-300 said:
Atlas is back to operations normal today!

"The Americans are not there. They're not in Baghdad. There are no troops there. Never. They're not at all." - Baghdad Bob (apparently B747-300's mentor)

Heard There Were Some Atlas Guys Who Have Crossed Picket Lines. There Are Now Reports Being Filled Out To Find Out Who So They Can Be Put On The List. Hope Its Worth It, Its A Shame For All Involved.:(

Kenneth M. Karas, a Federal Judge from the Southern District of New York, issued a Temporary Restraining Order on 9/27 that states ALPA shall take the following actions:

"(b) Instructing all Atlas Crewmembers employed by Atlas to continue their normal working schedule and practices and to take no steps to engage in any form of self-help except as noted above, and providing Plaintiffs with a copy of all such instructions;"

No Atlas crewmember can ever be "put on the list", as you say, for following the direct order of a judge. Sorry.

Oh, Sorry. I thought whatever that order said the Atlas crews still had the right to refuse to physically cross without backlash from management. If one were still to cross while retaining the right not to I dont know what you would call them. :confused: I'm just spectating and heard that from a friend. Hope it works out best for all you guys.

Cheers

If Atlas can get crews to the aircraft without "physically" crossing a picket line, then your point is moot. Your opinion of us doesn't matter. We are complying with the order of a Federal Judge.

As your strike begins to unravel rank-and-file Polar crewmembers should not consider this as their failure. Your ALPA leadership (National and MEC) has failed you. Dumb reason to strike and really dumb time to strike. It seems like the struck work rules and Atlas' role should have been resolved before the pickets went up.

B747-300 said:
If Atlas can get crews to the aircraft without "physically" crossing a picket line, then your point is moot. Your opinion of us doesn't matter. We are complying with the order of a Federal Judge.

As your strike begins to unravel rank-and-file Polar crewmembers should not consider this as their failure. Your ALPA leadership (National and MEC) has failed you. Dumb reason to strike and really dumb time to strike. It seems like the struck work rules and Atlas' role should have been resolved before the pickets went up.

You sound like a fun guy to fly with.... Are you French? You know what Patton said, "I'd rather have the Germans in front of me rather than the French behind me."

B747-300 said:
Kenneth M. Karas, a Federal Judge from the Southern District of New York, issued a Temporary Restraining Order on 9/27 that states ALPA shall take the following actions:

"(b) Instructing all Atlas Crewmembers employed by Atlas to continue their normal working schedule and practices and to take no steps to engage in any form of self-help except as noted above, and providing Plaintiffs with a copy of all such instructions;"

No Atlas crewmember can ever be "put on the list", as you say, for following the direct order of a judge. Sorry.

Let me explain something to you Mr.300. The ALPA SCAB list and those who permanently reside in it, is a UNION right and HEAVY TOOL used to discourage potential SCABS from taking the plunge. If anyone's name turns up on that list (for whatever reason), the burden rests on the affected individual to clear his name... I know a few whom reside on this list. Some deserve to be there and some don't. The few that landed on the list with no reason, have endured LONG and EXPENSIVE legal battles to clear their names... Some have in fact been cleared by ALPA and now carry a letter explaining their fate. However, the name will forever remain on the list... If you are one of the few whom are willing to take the chance, go ahead I would LOVE to see you'r name listed there....

I have a personal friend who is now a capt. with a major airline and who's name appears on the SCAB list. He won the battle to clear his name and he now has to explain in detail why he is on the list....
It took him 8 long years and a ton of money to clear his name......Are you willing to take the chance??

YOU HAVE A CHOICE..........Exercise YOU"R RIGHT!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back