• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Read DCI Carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were enough things that were up in the air until the last session. Scope, 50-seat pay, holding company letter, duty rigs/min day...

There were enough things that were up in the air until the last session. Scope, 50-seat pay, holding company letter, duty rigs/min day...

That's not the point...The point is that ALPA national was pushing for more than we got, and some on the CNC and MEC went along with National. Because of this, negotiations went on longer than they should have. I've now been informed of the divide that existed on the CNC, and it doesn't surprise me. It's also pretty obvious now that the "no pilot left behind group" seems to be falling apart....

I thought duty rigs had been decided long before just as the 50 seat pay. I understand it was bigger issue with the 70 seat pay.

There were the "big 4" that ALPA was holding out for up till the end:

1. Big 700 pay increase.
2. Bfund retirement plan.
3. Status quo on instructor section.
4. 100% retro pay.

In the end, ALPA caved on all 4 issues, despite the claim that "no pilot will be left behind"...Very easy to make promises...Not so easy to follow thru....

Latest resources

Back