• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Read DCI Carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
THe idea here is a way to prevent whipsawing DCI against DCI. Delta and Northwest managment created all of us in one way or another to keep our contracts cheap. I'm tired of seeing my fellow pilots furloughed and XJ only to have seen 9E grow over the years. I'm not bashing against 9E but if history repeats itself someone will be growing while 9e is shrinking

welcome to the world of aviation. where have you been. look at whats been happening for years at the majors

Well...future airline managment....

the recession will eventually be over and people will start traveling more than ever before (and delta will still have reduced seating capacity for years before realizing they should have more seats in all their markets)

Majors (the Legacy carriers at least) are lumbering dinosaurs with that are VERY near-sighted and will eventually stumble. Regionals have to roll with the punches and be twice as agile as the lumbering oafs they work for so they don't get crushed under them. ONE union across the board could help but I don't see it happening.

Boy, you have it all figured out.... The "lumbering dinosaurs" sell all the tickets, deal with all the customers, provide a world of destinations and HIRE A TWO-BIT CONTRACTOR TO GET THEM FROM PODUNK IOWA TO A MAJOR CITY. Because of your "extremely cheap labor" and ability to reset that cost every few years, the "lumbering giants" have set up a system where they can pit several contractors against eachother as a mechanism to keep the costs as low as possible (ie labor costs). Your whole operation probably has less people involved than just the flight ops department at Delta.

If it wern't for the "lumbering dinosaurs" many of your jobs would be gone, poof. I know a lot of regional pilots think of their companies as just a minor "major" minus all the "legacy" costs.

That's not exactly the most reliable source because he wasn't involved at the endgame.

I thought you said you weren't involved in negotiations? Your either an insider, or you are relying on what other people told you.....Which is it?

You are incorrect, check your facts.

Well Sir,
Unless you were there as well, you may wish to retract your accusations. I've talked with enough guys who were inside the process to know there were some moves that could have been done without. Simply because you heard from someone and I heard from someone does not give give you free rein to sanctimoniously accuse me of having my facts wrong. Possibly it is you that either has the facts wrong or is actively covering tails at the MEC. I'd be interested to see what your view is what transpired. Regardless of what you say, from the guys I've spoken with, I strongly believe national has a huge amount of influence at the local level when it came to contract negotiations and our guys sucked it right up in the name of national jobs. Not exactly the, "We are ALPA" that the cheerleaders like to throw out there when faced when disagreement from within the ranks.

I am particularly looking forward to the books being cracked open over the last couple of years. Kudos to FR on that motion. I have a feeling some folks are going to be on the line after that goes down.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back