Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From The Boeing FCTM:
Touchdown In Crab

The aircraft can land using crab only (zero side slip) up to the landing crosswind limit speeds. On dry runways, upon touchdown the aircraft tracks toward the upwind edge of the runway while de-crabbing to align with the runway. Immediate upwind aileron is needed to ensure that the wings remain level while rudder is needed to track the runway centreline. The greater the amount of crab at touchdown, the larger the lateral deviation from the point of touchdown. For this reason, touchdown in a crab only condition is not recommended when landing on a dry runway in strong crosswinds.

On very slippery runways, landing the aircraft using crab only reduces drift toward the downwind side at touchdown and permits rapid operation of spoilers and autobrakes, because the main gear touchdown simultaneously. This may reduce pilot workload since the aircraft does not have to be de-crabbed before touchdown. However, proper rudder and upwind aileron must be applied after touchdown to ensure that directional control is maintained.

The Capt is a North American DEC with extensive LHS wide body experience.

He took a look, didn't like, came back later ...and all went to the bar.

This is a non-thread.

fv

still hiring DECs?

how about upgrading all those rj Fos who went there and now are flying the heavies

?????
FT3

still hiring DECs?

how about upgrading all those rj Fos who went there and now are flying the heavies

?????
FT3

Still working at Mesa?

Just think Sniper, if you wouldn't have failed your Emirates interview you would have been a 777 Captain by now.

Still working at Mesa?

Just think Sniper, if you wouldn't have failed your Emirates interview you would have been a 777 Captain by now.

never did and never applied at both

keep s..... d....

allah is great? for you ?

maybe I should apply for a DEC ,,,,your thoughts.......but as a 51 single male
cant afford the paycut ...so i better stay in the US and at DL
Detroit is great

Next time you cross 30W CPDLC Gandor Allah is great...if i remember correct its been a while thats when you contact Gandor

BTW Delta is hiring, have you applied? we even have a new MEC chair, a good friend based here in DTW , I will ask him to help you
FT3

Last edited:

keep s..... d....

Detroit is great

Next time you cross 30W CPDLC Gandor Allah is great...if i remember correct its been a while thats when you contact Gandor

BTW Delta is hiring, have you applied? we even have a new MEC chair, a good friend based here in DTW , I will ask him to help you
FT3

you don't work for Delta.....no one believes you

keep s..... d....

Detroit is great

FT3

It's Gander not Gandor.

Delta has a college degree requirement and so did Northwest. You can't even spell so you didn't get hired by either of them. Emirates, China, Kalitta all probably didn't hire you because you are a bigot and can't even qualify for an ELP level 4......Totally Mesa.

It's Gander not Gandor.

Delta has a college degree requirement and so did Northwest. You can't even spell so you didn't get hired by either of them. Emirates, China, Kalitta all probably didn't hire you because you are a bigot and can't even qualify for an ELP level 4......Totally Mesa.

Fun historical fact -

When the chubby bald man started Mesa, his intention was to name the airline 'Mensa'. Unfortunately the spelling was challenging and the application to the FAA read 'Mesa'.

One of the many ironies of aviation that only I am privy to.

Latest resources

Back