Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUBLINFLYER

06 December 2013

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...-to-abort-landing-in-high-winds-29816503.html

A pilot trying to land a plane at Birmingham Airport was forced to abort the manoeuvre at the last moment due to heavy winds.

The Emirates flight from Dubai was due to touch down yesterday at 11.50am

Meanwhile a separate Flybe flight from Jersey, due to land at the same time, was diverted to East Midlands Airport because of the same problem.

06 December 2013

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...-to-abort-landing-in-high-winds-29816503.html

A pilot trying to land a plane at Birmingham Airport was forced to abort the manoeuvre at the last moment due to heavy winds.

The Emirates flight from Dubai was due to touch down yesterday at 11.50am

Meanwhile a separate Flybe flight from Jersey, due to land at the same time, was diverted to East Midlands Airport because of the same problem.
Nice go around. Great judgment. No drama. Be safe.

Last edited:
Saw it on TV multiple times today, BFD! It's what we get paid to do! I don't fly the "Big Boys" but what is the "Demonstrated crosswind limitation" of the type (think it was a 76 but video I saw was grainy.)? Was wondering if hand flying would've made a difference. don't know about that carrier but some of the foreign carriers pilots are not known to have the best piloting abilities! (Ie. San Fran a few months ago!)

Later,
KBB

Media: A plane narrowly avoided disaster - possibly killings thousands of passengers and people on the ground and possibly inciting a global meltdown from the post crash fire.

Pilots: Yawn, yeah, we went around.

Emirates and flybe go to Birmingham?
Am I missing something?

Latest resources

Back