• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Placement in NJA aircraft?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you actually getting up and serving them food or drinks?

No; flight attendant services aren't part of our duties. I'll certainly ask if I can fix them anything before I climb into my seat before taxi, or if I happen to get up in-flight to use the lav or grab my crew meal, but not other than that, no.

We load the catering up in a big drawer prior to the flight, and make sure the refreshments are all stocked. After that, it's self-service. The regulations require me to be at my station unless I'm up for physiological needs. Occasionally I've had owners ask if they could get me anything while they were up at the galley, though. :D

If the owner wants a flight attendant, he can hire one to ride along, although I have yet to see that done on the Excel. Our Falcons, Boeing Business Jets, and Gulfstreams all normally have flight attendants on them.

Or just making sure all is well and restocking the bar if need be?
Yep, that's all. And the bar won't generally need restocking in-flight. I'll usually reload the bottled water from the supply closet if I'm up, but that's all; the rest can wait until after landing.

It seems like they would get annoyed if I am back there every 15 minutes.
I agree. The policy isn't to get up every 15 minutes, but to look back and verbally ask if everything's OK. That would still be irritating as hell, and I don't do it. I'll usually ask if everything's OK if they're up at the galley getting something, but not if they're busy doing something else (which is most of the time). Beyond that, I glance back and make sure they're doing OK. I can do that without disturbing them by yelling, "EVERYBODY OK BACK THERE???" :rolleyes:

Just curious about some of the aircraft. Which plane or planes have the most cockpit room? I am refering to the ones that you could possibly get as a newhire. Not counting how much each actually works.

Just curious about some of the aircraft. Which plane or planes have the most cockpit room? I am refering to the ones that you could possibly get as a newhire. Not counting how much each actually works.

G200 seems to have a decent amount of space:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6068396&nseq=17

The Citation X has less space for the longer 5-6 hour transcon flights:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5612114&nseq=11

The XL/XLS fleet is huge and you could find yourself in one of these (but fly shorter flights):

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6093587&nseq=27

If you have a fat a$$ and you need some extra room, I would suggest the G200 or the Falcon 2000 if you can get them...

How are your dispatchers as far as keeping up with your flight and keeping you advised of bad weather?

When they call to offer you a job they tell you what aircraft are available/you qualified for and what the class dates are.

Greetings..Can anyone post how long it took to get a call from the time the app was mailed in? Thanks in advance

this time frame ( info gatherd from posts of FI ) seems to be ( and could change with TA passage) 3-7 months ...so who knows :)

my guess would be its going to get longer soon....plus not much action over the holidays

They have been conducting interviews 6 days per week lately. That's good news for anyone waiting for an interview. Might keep the wait down to a reasonable time frame.

Greetings..Can anyone post how long it took to get a call from the time the app was mailed in? Thanks in advance

All of the notifications came via email. It was approximately a five-six month wait before I received an interview slot with LAX listed as my first choice base. Best of luck to you.

How are your dispatchers as far as keeping up with your flight and keeping you advised of bad weather?

I wouldn't expect ONLY the dispatcher to contact me if there is bad weather present.

In the morning, the meteorology Dept sends out a NAS synopsis that warns of MVFR, IFR, windy conditions, hurricances, TFRs (Bush Boundries), etc.

The Chief Pilot normaly sends out cautionary emails to the BlackBerry as weather conditions warrant.

AMCC and the Dispatcher take turns holding back the release of a flight for MEL/MX reasons.

That being said, the dispatchers are busy bees. I don't expect to talk to them unless I call them with an issue. They also take care of load planning.

Once in a while they call us to pass along info but usually they assume "we get it". There are MANY more tools available to us in an FBO than an airline terminal too. A WX computer with live radar and satellite feed with WX reports is available at even the Po-Dunkiest of FBOS.

Latest resources

Back