Placement in NJA aircraft?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recent interviews at Netjets

Alright.....any dudes that just interviewed this weekend at Netjets....lets hear the results...who has received calls so far.....?

Everyone has opinions about which fleets would be preferred. Many people just don't care - it's QOL and a paycheck that matters (fly to live vs. live to fly).

Clearly, the fleet you get can make a difference on your QOL because some fleets are far more active than others. The Citation X and XL/XLS fleets are the biggest and in most cases busiest for a reason - customers/owners love those airplanes (big demand). So, if you are placed on one of those two fleets, you will likely have somewhat busy tours. Plus, the Ctiation X has the range needed to do a lot of transcons - and you will probably get your share every tour. I hear other fleets are getting busier over time - both the Sovereign and G200 fleets are apparently getting busier. Meanwhile, the Ultra/Encore and Beechjet fleets don't fly as much and you will likely spend time at FBOs enjoying the TV if you are placed on those fleets. I have a friend on the Encore fleet and he flew maybe 200 hours last year (and he enjoyed the rest).

Personally, if I were hired and I had a choice, I'd strongly consider the Hawker 800XP-C. Great Pro Line 21 suite up front, nice ride from what I have heard and it doesn't do the constant transcons you would find on other fleets. Short to medium haul flights are the norm. Plus, not much baggage space on that airplane (which translates into fewer bags to load). Yeah, the Hawker 800XP-C would be one of my top choices with the G200 as a second choice (spacious up front)... Not many people hired onto the Falcon 2000 (otherwise that would be my top choice with the FA).

Last edited:
Are you able to get up and strech during the flight? Use the restroom? If say you are on the X doing transcon flights? I have looked up there and it did look pretty tight.

Also wondering if you are able to read? I assume not since the customer and just look up and see you.

Are you able to get up and strech during the flight? Use the restroom? If say you are on the X doing transcon flights? I have looked up there and it did look pretty tight.

Also wondering if you are able to read? I assume not since the customer and just look up and see you.

There is almost a choreographed dance that the pilots do on the X during a transcon.

Hours 1-2, fly.

Hours 2-5, take turns getting up to use the lav if nothing else than to walk somewhere while checking on the Owners as required by the FOM. Stretch legs, chat with Owners (if they want to), check on galley condition, return to seat. Wait 15 minutes since your flying partner went, then you go. Repeat as required/desired. Thank God for .92M.

Last hour, sit.

That's a "no" to reading. It is verboten.

You just have to hope that your partner is talkative and interesting or that it's a short flight. :D

Verbally... every 15 minutes of a 9 hour flight to Rome. Isn't it AWESOME!!!!!

I guess I violate the FOM every 15 to 30 minutes. :rolleyes: I check on them, but I'm sure as hell not going to interrupt them that frequently. I look back, look for signs of life, and restart my stopwatch. :D

I guess I violate the FOM every 15 to 30 minutes. :rolleyes: I check on them, but I'm sure as hell not going to interrupt them that frequently. I look back, look for signs of life, and restart my stopwatch. :D

I think that is the preferred method.

Are you actually getting up and serving them food or drinks? Or just making sure all is well and restocking the bar if need be? It seems like they would get annoyed if I am back there every 15 minutes.

Latest resources

Back