• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacolaba list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Close, I'd say XJ 900 lineholding (especially the lifers) captains did very well. The reserve 900 captians expectations turned into a dumpster fire.

Lots of changes coming. With the saabs being parked by December, this will all be one big cluster.

Lots of changes coming. With the saabs being parked by December, this will all be one big cluster.

But! But! You guys brought the shiny contract! Still can't believe Bloch swallowed that like a Gold-crutsed cupcake. Well, kudos to your merger committee for convincing him so. That is the main reason the ratios all start first with a Mesaba pilot. I have zero faith in PCL leaders. I just hope everyone can move on from this list, get their movement on the seniority list, upgrade, move to different bases, etc. And then when elections come, I can't wait to vote out current Pinnacle leaders. Starting with CS. Sign me up as a 9Eer who wants new leadership.

So Bloch should not have looked at the "Shiny Contract" but instead take away 165 of our 279 CRJ900 CA postions as the 9E proposal suggested?

But! But! You guys brought the shiny contract! Still can't believe Bloch swallowed that like a Gold-crutsed cupcake. Well, kudos to your merger committee for convincing him so. That is the main reason the ratios all start first with a Mesaba pilot. I have zero faith in PCL leaders. I just hope everyone can move on from this list, get their movement on the seniority list, upgrade, move to different bases, etc. And then when elections come, I can't wait to vote out current Pinnacle leaders. Starting with CS. Sign me up as a 9Eer who wants new leadership.
FYI, It's gold-crusted. And I guess Bloch doesn't care much for cupcakes. I hate cheap magic tricks!

But! But! You guys brought the shiny contract! Still can't believe Bloch swallowed that like a Gold-crutsed cupcake. Well, kudos to your merger committee for convincing him so.

Don't read his words, look at the actual award. He paid lip service to their argument, just as arbitrators usually do, but it appears to have had very little impact on his actual award. The award was essentially the same as every other recent SLI award: category and status. If he was really trying to give the Mesaba guys credit for their contract, then it wouldn't have been a category/status integration, it would have been a DOH integration. What you got was instead what every SLI arbitrator is awarding nowadays, and he pretended to listen to everyone's arguments by paying them lip service in the text of the award.

That is the main reason the ratios all start first with a Mesaba pilot.

The reason each category starts with a Mesaba pilot is because the order within each category was done by date of hire, and the Mesaba guys have more longevity in general.

All I know is Claypool is leading this train and Bronowski is the buttplug of this monster!!

Cheers everyone

Looks like footnote #10 of the award clears the air on what all the disputing was about. As expected though, DOH was an irrelevant data point.

The record in this case reflects at least one anomaly: The parties to this process have presented pre-merger seniority lists that reflect differing approaches to Date of Hire calculations. All lists reflect the hire date as the time the pilot first enters training. According to the record, however, Pinnacle pilots, at times, were not paid until completion of the training. Contending thiat this is when the PCL date of hire should commence, the Mesaba and Colgan representatives direct the Arbitrator’s attention to Part 3C2d of the ALPA merger policy, which states, in relevant part:

“The date of hire shall be the date upon which a pilot first appears upon the Company’s payroll as a pilot and also begins initial operational training required to perform such duties in airline operations.”

The Mesaba and Colgan groups claim that Pinnacle pilots were not “on the payroll” until after training and that, therefore, the assumption of an earlier hire date is inconsistent with ALPA policy. This dispute, which surfaced after the arbitration hearing and after submission of post- hearing arguments and rebuttals, raises the precise question of whether, when the drafters of the Merger Policy used the words “...upon the Company’s payroll” they intended that to mean the pilot would be receiving pay. Alternatively, it is at least arguable that the drafters contemplated a broader meaning. Thus, for example, if it was understood that a pilot was an employee as of the first day of training whose continued tenure was contingent only upon successful completion of the training and the check ride (notwithstanding the absence of salary during that period), one might contend that, for all intents and purposes, the pilot had satisfied the ALPA policy requirement that he or she be on the “payroll.”

For several reasons, the Arbitrator need not, therefore does not, resolve the interpretive issue presented. To the extent an ambiguity exists as to the intended meaning of the above-cited provision, it is an issue that ought be resolved by the parties themselves, or by the drafters. It is at least unclear that this type of interpretive exercise is properly within the scope of this Arbitrator in this case and, in any event, there is no evidence whatsoever as to either the drafting history or, for that matter, the precise manner in which the policy has been applied. Most importantly, resolution of that issue is not required for purposes of implementing the methodologies set forth below. The use of a “ratioed” Status and Category approach devitalizes the impact of most potential date of hire calculation discrepancies.

Wow. Look at the first 300 seniority slots. m-m-p-m-m-m-p. Mesaba, 5 slots to Pinnacle 2. None for Colgan.

It is clear from reading Bloch's analysis that Mesaba ran the table during negotiations and he placed much weight on their perceived influence on the JCBA.

To sum that up-Pinnacle and Colgan got raises, now Mesaba gets seniority. Pinnacle brings more airframes and job security, but hey, lets talk about those raises.

Personally, I'm sick over this. Oh well, The thing has been decided.

Last edited:
Wow. Look at the first 300 seniority slots. m-m-p-m-m-m-p. Mesaba, 5 slots to Pinnacle 2. None for Colgan.

It is clear from reading Bloch's analysis that Mesaba ran the table during negotiations and he placed much weight on their perceived influence on the JCBA.

To sum that up-Pinnacle and Colgan got raises, now Mesaba gets seniority. Pinnacle brings more airframes and job security, but hey, lets talk about those raises.

Personally, I'm sick over this. Oh well, The thing has been decided.

It was ratio per category. Mesaba has a lot more people in the 900 category then pinnacle.

Latest resources

Back