Pinnacolaba list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colganite weighing in...

I think the SLI could have taken a number of different routes, as all were laid out by Bloch in the decision document. Obviously, some had more merit than others. I think the SLI that Bloch determined was fair. Lots of elements to take into account (Mesaba being the most senior group and highest earners, plus the best elements of a CBA that brought windfall to the 3 groups, especially at Colgan; PNCL with the largest pilot group and largest fleet but wide range of seniority and low wages compared to the industry; Colgan with relatively 'new' pilot group that soley flew turboprops but had a growing fleet despite no CBA and low wages). Colgan had the most to gain.

Do I think the most senior Colgan pilots should have had relative seniority right off the bat and go fly a CRJ-900? No, that's not very reasonable when you look at career expectations pre-merger. That wouldn't be fair whatsoever to the very senior groups at MSBA and PNCL that already fly that a/c and had the expectation to keep doing so and earning what they earn. I think the middle-to-pretty senior Colgan CAs made out the best (myself included; I did lose about 12% relative seniority). "Status and Category" seemed to be the predominant theme. A PNCL friend that was hired around the same time I was is about 200 #s junior to me (I don't understand this). He's a CRJ-200 Captain. Perhaps the best element of the SLI is the 5-year fences and the staffing stipulation #s that will be adhered to going forward, protecting the current flying.

I think the vast number of CJC pilots would agree that QOL, pay, benefits, protections, etc., these days are light years better now than a few years ago. Our career expectations pre-merger were different than the MSBA and PNCL groups. I think things have worked out favorably through the JCBA and SLI for a pilot of my seniority at CJC.

...My .02.

Last edited:
A Delta pilot has begun a thread in the Majors section flaming and comparing this arbitration to the SWA/AT merger- I could try to get myself up to speed on your situation, but I doubt I could be as familiar as any of you.

You all are formally invited.
:)
I honestly would like to hear your perspectives- is it a good comparison? Apples to apples? Apples to oranges? Apples to hub caps? He's a serial flamer with a hard on for swa, but does the OP make any good points?
Please visit the thread and let us know what's up
~Wave
ex turboprop/RJ driver,

All right, now that we have swallowed that pill… Let’s look to the next challenge of voting in a single MEC. It seems MSA’s MEC as done then best job. I’m thinking we keep them.

You owe me a new keyboard.....I just spit up all over mine.

I say we make a list of mis-steps and accomplishments. I will make the list of mis-steps of Pinnacle and the accomplishments of XJ. You do the list of mis-steps of XJ and the accomplishments of Pinnacle.

Then we just compare lists out in the open forum and let the masses decide.

Latest resources

Back