• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacolaba list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mesaba MEC email straight up stated that 9E has the minimum amount met for the 200's and 900's and Mesaba has not (no specific numbers), so the next 200 and 900 vacancies are all awarded to Mesaba pilots. There is my little glimmer of hope (VERY little).

Anybody understand these 5 year fences? No upgrades to other airlines unless certain position numbers are already held by (individual) airline? My take on it is that as long as the fleet doesn't grow, then the position numbers will still be the same. Essentially, it's a 5-year fence for upgrades? The difference is the Qs. If the Qs grow, then the 193 positions would be exceeded and Xj/9E guys could bid there. But as long as no fleet grows on the 900 side or the 200 side, are individiual airline upgrades protected?

Totally confused!

I honestly think they aren't much of a fence at all. Once Mesaba fills up their minimum (not sure where the q's are staffed at for Colgan), then the fences are worthless unless there is some type of displacement or loss of aircraft or something.

Anybody understand these 5 year fences? No upgrades to other airlines unless certain position numbers are already held by (individual) airline? My take on it is that as long as the fleet doesn't grow, then the position numbers will still be the same. Essentially, it's a 5-year fence for upgrades? The difference is the Qs. If the Qs grow, then the 193 positions would be exceeded and Xj/9E guys could bid there. But as long as no fleet grows on the 900 side or the 200 side, are individiual airline upgrades protected?

Totally confused!
I believe it is this... At the snapshot 9E had 541 CAs. That is the fence, as long as current 9E pilots have 541 200 CA positions filled, then the fence is open for ANYONE in ISL seniority order to bid on. If 9E pilots do not comprise 541 positions, then the fences close and only 9E pilots can fill them (up to 541 that is). This lasts for 5 years. At this point, I believe you have more than 541, so the fences are open for anyone to bid a vacancy.

Now if XJ and 9E do not meet their respective allotments, then a ratio formula is used to fill those positions until the allotments are met. Then the fences would open for everyone.

Yeah, I am feeling much better now that I know I can bid what my seniority (which still went down) can hold almost right away. The next big piece of the puzzle I would like to see is what equipment the other airline's pilots are on around me. They must be captains I guess because of the category stuff. At least they had the opportunity to be a captain at some point.

edit. Ugh, I just figured out that if a 9E guy leaves to a major, then a 9e pilot has to replace them. That will work in Mesaba's favor if/when the remaining guys flow. But there will probably be enough to cover the minimum at that point. /sigh...so many variables.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am feeling much better now that I know I can bid what my seniority (which still went down) can hold almost right away. The next big piece of the puzzle I would like to see is what equipment the other airline's pilots are on around me. They must be captains I guess because of the category stuff. At least they had the opportunity to be a captain at some point.

Looks like the most junior Jet/Q400 captain is +-1189. If you aren't senior to that, you won't have a lot of options when the Delta Saabs are parked by the end of the year.

Looks like the most junior Jet/Q400 captain is +-1189. If you aren't senior to that, you won't have a lot of options when the Delta Saabs are parked by the end of the year.

Hmmmm, yeah...I don't think that's right. If it was, either we will be furloughing, or we will be staffed aprox 40% captains and 60% FOs.

Now how did you come up with that number?

Thats where the Saab CA ratio starts.

900 CA
272 - Mesaba
100 - Pinnacle

200 CA/Q CA
88 - Mesaba
581 - Pinnacle
149 - Colgan
________
1190 total Jet/Q CAs

Latest posts

Latest resources