• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's latest safety idea..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SKYW flies all the variants, the 200/700/900. It's really not that hard, albeit there are some differences. It just takes some thought. I wouldn't say it's unsafe, except for the ego when you've been flying the 200 and end up in the 700. SMACK!

In actual practice, there is not much dual flying at Skywest. However, the pilots get screwed because everybody gets the 200 pay(vacation, sick, holiday, RGT) and then those who fly the "other than 200" get an override for the hours flown. Can't remember the exact issue, but there were some issues with how the override was paid out at one time, because somehow, pilots were not getting paid the override on some Scheme---maybe a credit.

If you can't handle it well then go work at McDonalds. They all land the same in the sim anyways and if you don't have basic airmanship on the line to realize what aircraft you are in to land it appropriately, well do yourself and your passengers a favor a find a new career.

So you are telling me I can fly a nose low approach in the 900 sim, chop the power, and round out in the flair and pass my checkride? Do me a favor try that and let me know how it works out for you!

I don't think this is a safety issue. A lot of pilots fly 2 different types regularly, let alone a couple of variants. The important issue here is the pay rates-if you can't get all of them to 900 than don't do it-it's a savings for the company.

The only reason not to do it, is because of pay. It can be/is done safely.

The problem is they are putting extra responsibility on you as the crewmember to know the different numbers, profiles, and techniques with out giving you more pay for increasing your workload.

Bingo! Just ask the PSA guys what they think. For that matter just ask ANY group with a blended FO payscale what they think. I'll start as a witness to the blended FO.... IT'S B.S. DON'T EVER LET IT IN THE DOOR!

UPS had a "blended" single payscale. They seem to be alright with it.

The only reason not to do it, is because of pay. It can be/is done safely.

The problem is they are putting extra responsibility on you as the crewmember to know the different numbers, profiles, and techniques with out giving you more pay for increasing your workload.

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

Not to mention in all their cheapness, the 900 has a different checklist, different manuals, different release system, different acars...

Latest resources

Back