• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's Delta Numbers!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So we've gone from 2 DCI carriers to 6 or 7 in the course of just over a year. How would you like it if ASA showed up in MEM DTW and MSP with a bunch of new airplanes after you had been stagnant for years?

Someone did. They're called Compass. It's happening everywhere. Stop being such a crying Nancy.

I don't care if we are greeted with open arms or not. Pinnacle pilots didn't make the decision to over there any more than the Skywest make decisions about where they are flying.

And don't think for a minute that Pinnacle pilots aren't familiar with the problems of multiple regional providing feed for NWA. NWA has been playing musical airplanes/pilot jobs with Mesaba and Pinnacle long before Delta management started playing their games. Now, we have the prospect of being whipsawed by Compass, whose pilots are "represented" by the NWA MEC.

It is disappointing that any other pilot within the Delta group has hard feelings for Pinnacle pilots because of management decisions. I guess some folks will never grow up and take their frustrations out on the people that make these decisions and not the pawns.

That's fine and great you are going to the arbitrator. I'm just giving reasons why you aren't welcomed to ATL with arms open from the ASA people. All we see you as is another carrier put in place that's eating away at business that at one point not too long ago happened to be that of ASA and some Comair.

So we've gone from 2 DCI carriers to 6 or 7 in the course of just over a year. How would you like it if ASA showed up in MEM DTW and MSP with a bunch of new airplanes after you had been stagnant for years?

I agree with you, but I think were dealing with a new breed of pilot today. Unfortunately solidarity in this profession is becoming a thing of the past, at least at the regional level. It seems that many of the new pilots are ok with increased growth at someone elses expense. Is there a way to stop this way of thinking? I don't know at this point. It's that way outside of aviation also. Think of Skywest as becoming the Walmart in aviation!

That's fine and great you are going to the arbitrator. I'm just giving reasons why you aren't welcomed to ATL with arms open from the ASA people. All we see you as is another carrier put in place that's eating away at business that at one point not too long ago happened to be that of ASA and some Comair.

You need to stop talking as if you speak for all ASA pilots.

Medeco

Someone did. They're called Compass. It's happening everywhere. Stop being such a crying Nancy.

I'm not crying. I haven't said anything that isn't true. You guys wonder why ASA people feel the way they do, I'm just telling you ya shmuck.

OK Nuge, what do you want me to do about it? Better yet, what are you going to do about it? All this whining on flightinfo, I'm sure your flight attendant girlfriend is off lonely somewhere.

If they were making some sweet coin on those things I don't think anyone would want to see them lose the flying. As a former ASA guy you should know what it feels like to get low balled by another carrier willing to work in your back yard for cheaper. That's exactly what Pinnacle has done, and it's flaunted in our face everyday right in front of our freakin crew lounge.

Thats a very short sighted comment. PCL will get a new contract and when we do it will likely be richer than the current ASA contract. Will you then view yourself as the low baller?

Do you currently view yourself as a low baller against the Xjet guys? I know for a fact that ASA was viewed as the low baller in Comair's eyes for the majority of this decade.

Contracts come and go and until people like you stop using your current status to boost your ego and put other pilots down our unity will be shaky at best.

Like I said, he needs to stop talking like he took a poll of the entire pilot group.

I will put money on it that most ASA pilots dont feel the same as he describes we do.

Medeco

No I didn't take a poll, but I do walk around and talk to people. The consensus seems to be the same Mr. Medeco.

And I hope you guys at Pinnacle get a kick ass contract. I'm all about it! Raise the bar so when it's our turn again we can build on what you got.

Listen, all flaming aside, all I'm relaying is the general frustration I and many people I work with feel. It's time for some good news around this joint, and Pinnacle in ATL just isn't good news for us.

Good luck with your contract.

We are all competing with one another.....If you want to point fingers....point them at Herndon and the mainline MECs.....They created this mess....

Not Mesa...not PNCL.....not Skywest....not ASA....

Either elliminate the competition within a brand.....or accept it and compete....Those are the 2 options.....

Latest resources

Back