• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle vs Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cathal, I'm sure Mel shares your opinion regarding Pinnacle pilots. Mel is above you and me in that he has the class to only talk bad about Pinnacle pilots behind their backs. I'll call a spade a spade and I'll do it right here. Even if the very classy Mel is going to call me an a-hole. While insulting NWA flight attendants and calling people names, Mel exemplifies true class. I'll maybe even nominate him for message board police /censor.

Mel, does you referring to some Pinnacle pilots as "dipsticks" pass your rigid sensorship guidelines? I'm glad you get to decide where to draw the line in what is classy here on this forum. Get over yourself you hypocrit.

DetoXJ said:
Cathal, I'm sure Mel shares your opinion regarding Pinnacle pilots. Mel is above you and me in that he has the class to only talk bad about Pinnacle pilots behind their backs. I'll call a spade a spade and I'll do it right here. Even if the very classy Mel is going to call me an a-hole. While insulting NWA flight attendants and calling people names, Mel exemplifies true class. I'll maybe even nominate him for message board police /censor.

Can't believe someone could be above bashing Pinnacle pilots? Too bad for you.

I have friends at Pinnacle. I also know that if times were different, I could just as likely be there. Is it tough to seem them get plane after plane while our fleet shrinks? You bet. Have I ever seen/heard a Pinnacle guy/gal do something dumb and laugh? You bet. But I'm not dumb enough to think we are better than them as a whole. We have more experience because we have been here longer on average. If that makes us better, than I guess we are.

Oh... I'm sure the NWA flight attendents are flattered that you and Cathal have taken up their cause. Burn me at the stake, by god. How dare I have an avatar that makes fun of senior NWA flight attendents. What the hell is wrong with me????

Mel, perhaps you're not hearing these things because no one shares their opinion with you, or you're completely deaf.
We all make mistakes. I've never said that I'm perfect, nor have I said that the Mesaba pilot group is perfect. I have said, am saying, and will continue to say that XJ pilots have a low opinion of the 9E pilots, as a whole, because of the evidence they present to us. There is more than a general feeling of that around here at XJ, and you telling me or anyone else to not sink so low, or that we're classless, or that the aviation world doesn't need pilots who have a low opinion of a weak pilot group (with exceptions) will not change the facts.
The fact is that Mesaba pilots have a low opinion of Pinnacle pilots, and if I was considering the 2 airlines for employment, I would want to know that. Which is why I said it to the original poster.
Anyone who truly wants to know why, and wants hard facts as to why I think this way is free to discuss it with me here, or PM me, or ask me about it directly when I deride them in the cockpit or crew room.
God Bless you, Detox.

Last edited:
DetoXJ said:
Mel is above you and me in that he has the class to only talk bad about Pinnacle pilots behind their backs. I'll call a spade a spade and I'll do it right here.

Right here? on an anonymous internet message board?

I do like your screen name though. Clever.

I have said, am saying, and will continue to say that XJ pilots have a low opinion of the 9E pilots, as a whole, because of the evidence they present to us.

Believe me....low regard stretches across both side of the table. Especially for cocky MSP f*cks like yourself Cathal. Raise your hand when your over yourself so I can pick you out of the crowd. Maybe I'll buy you a beer.

I'll be over myself as soon as more than half of you know what you're doing in an airplane.
And just so you know, "your" is the possesive form of "you." "Your" shows ownership, as in "Your pilot group can't operate airplanes very well."
I think you meant "...you're over yourself." "You're" is the contraction of "you are." As in "You're part of pilot group that is unable to operate airplanes well."
We're clear now, aren't we?

Last edited:
I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I heard that a 9E capt. demanded to be de-iced in DTW last year because his wx package forcasted icing at 4000ft. That got a few laughs in my crewlounge.

cathal said:
I'll be over myself as soon as more than half of know what you're doing in an airplane.

You, as in the word "you" forgot to use when "you" said, "more than half of know what you're doing in an airplane."

You, as in, you make me sick because you are an arrogant prick that makes our whole pilot group look bad.

Is it the Pinnacle pilots' fault that you are still an f/o? Hardly. Yet you are sure taking in out on them.

Maybe you should go outside and jog a mile or two to get rid of the anger you have before your dumb@ss mouth gets us all in trouble.

viper01 said:
I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I heard that a 9E capt. demanded to be de-iced in DTW last year because his wx package forcasted icing at 4000ft. That got a few laughs in my crewlounge.

Oh geez... I think that's the oldest 9E story floatin' around... True or not, though, it's funny...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back