Pinnacle vs Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool your jets... and props

Alright all, let's all cool our egos. Jealous, "old timer FO's" at Mesaba + lots of brand new Pinnacle guys upgrading into new jets = this girly spat. Yeah, we're jealous. Yes, there have been some "interesting" 9E happenings. Let's all cool down and see what Friday may hold. I heard all three MEC's were involved.

MM

Last edited:
I'll agree with my fellow 9E pilot above. Many 9E guys don't like Mesaba pilots either. Lets face the facts, Pinnacle pilots (in general) will never like Mesaba pilots, and vice versa. That's just life. The phrase "can't we all get along" has a simple answer, NO!! We do not live in a perfect Brady Bunch world.

I have seen Mesaba do some pretty dumb sh!t in my tenure at 9E. I have seen us do some dumb sh1T as well. In the bush, I also witnessed some dumb, dumb sh1t. Stupid actions are not limited to Pinnacle AND Mesaba.

Fly safe,

Last edited:
Where does this presumption of jealousy come from? I am only stating what I know to be true. I am telling the original poster what I think is the better company to be at despite the lack of movement here. Mesaba is a better place to work than Pinnacle because we have fewer (not no) idiot pilots and, referring to Lear70's post, Mesaba treats you better.
Please do not presume I'm jealous. And thank you for calling me names. That really proves your point. I'm glad you had to resort to that.

I'm sure you guys have seen a lot of stupid stuff from 9E pilots, but we see just as much stupid stuff from all of you XJ pilots. It goes both ways. If you think that the XJ pilot group stands as a shining example of perfect airmanship, then I suggest you lay off the bong. To an outside observer you look no better than us.

P.S. Honesty, why does it take you guys so d@mn long to do an after-start check on a freakin' Saab? You guys push back and sit there blocking traffic for 10 minutes in the alley. Speed it up a little.

I could say a lot of rude things right now after those comments and tell a LOT of stories of some pretty "dumb*ss" things I've seen some MSA pilots do (especially in MSP for some reason - I bounce to a different base every other month). But the truth is, each pilot group has their fair share of people who don't exercise simple common sense on the line; that doesn't mean you have to sling mud at them.

p.s. Mel, I dig the avatar; a lot of us think it's funny as h*ll, don't change it! :)

Very nice

Nice thread guys... The personal rancor reflected in these remarks I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address everyone's general attitude of hopeless negativism. (Name the Movie) I'm sure the original poster is really impressed.

PCL_128, the Saab has a few more buttons and levers than Off, Start and Run.

Afterstart Checklist:
1. Shoulder Harness - ON
2. Chocks and area - Clear
3. Condition Levers - Max (One at a time if done correctly)
4. Ice Protection - Set
5. FMS - OFF (Yeah, lots of our Saabs do have it. And CB collars.)

After start is complete. If it blocks the alley, so be it. And the ramp is now really good at letting you all go by. The frequency is 127.82.

MM

PS. If I wanted to join the game, I'd say stop putting your lunch boxes in our crew fridges or I'll tell Mom! :)

Last edited:
Oh and Cathal, I'm probably an older "Old Timer FO" than you. So no "name calling" ('Whatever' - Ed) was intended.

MM

PCL_128 said:
I'm sure you guys have seen a lot of stupid stuff from 9E pilots, but we see just as much stupid stuff from all of you XJ pilots. It goes both ways. If you think that the XJ pilot group stands as a shining example of perfect airmanship, then I suggest you lay off the bong. To an outside observer you look no better than us.

P.S. Honesty, why does it take you guys so d@mn long to do an after-start check on a freakin' Saab? You guys push back and sit there blocking traffic for 10 minutes in the alley. Speed it up a little.

It takes such a long time to run the check list because we are paid by the minute. I hope you guys get that in your next contract and you will start to see each and every minute as a bonus.

Latest resources

Back