Pinnacle vs Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flap operator said:
FOs cannot change equipment, however if you didn't have the opportunity to upgrade after 3 years one can at that point, change equipment.

I'm sorry Flap I'm sure you forgot to edit your post so I will help.

I think you meant to say when not if you don't have the opportunity to upgrade after 3 years. Just wanted to clarify...haha.

DetoXJ said:
Of course I'm biased, but I think Mesaba has much better pilot group. The stuff I witness on a daily basis (From Pinnacle Pilots) is flat out disappointing, concerning and embarassing.

Duck for incoming.

Ace... right... when you WON'T have the opportunity to upgrade. That's how it should read. Actually it should be something like... You cannot change equipment right away, but since you're not going to upgrade within 3 years, there is this nifty clause in the contract that will allow you to switch equipment as an FO.

I agree... DetoxXJ just opened a can of nasty tasting worms.

FO

DetoXJ said:
Of course I'm biased, but I think Mesaba has much better pilot group. The stuff I witness on a daily basis (From Pinnacle Pilots) is flat out disappointing, concerning and embarassing.

Well, every pilot group has their a-holes. Thank you for showing the world that Mesaba has a-holes too.

Classy move, dude. Real classy.

flap operator said:
Ace... right... when you WON'T have the opportunity to upgrade. That's how it should read. Actually it should be something like... You cannot change equipment right away, but since you're not going to upgrade within 3 years, there is this nifty clause in the contract that will allow you to switch equipment as an FO.
FO

Haha...classic.

I can't help but agree with those who have said for XJ's better than 9E for all of the reasons stated, especially Lear70's and Detox's.
Forget about being a captain @ XJ in MSP for many, many years. It may even be true that no new hires will be MSP fo's for a few months, if not years, no matter which A/C soon.
And Mel, if you want be classy, take down that retarted avatar. Talking about someone's level of class when you're demeaning another group of people is a little silly, isn't it?

And by the way, the old rule on seatlocks after FO position change was 18 months, not two years. Something we gave up for growth, I suppose.

cathal said:
I can't help but agree with those who have said for XJ's better than 9E for all of the reasons stated, especially Lear70's and Detox's.
Forget about being a captain @ XJ in MSP for many, many years. It may even be true that no new hires will be MSP fo's for a few months, if not years, no matter which A/C soon.
And Mel, if you want be classy, take down that retarted avatar. Talking about someone's level of class when you're demeaning another group of people is a little silly, isn't it?

An avatar that pokes fun at people is one thing. Saying "Of course I'm biased, but I think Mesaba has much better pilot group. The stuff I witness on a daily basis (From Pinnacle Pilots) is flat out disappointing, concerning and embarassing" is something else entirely.

Hmm... teasing NWA flight attendants with a picture or saying an entire pilot group is "disappointing, concerning and embarrassing"? Yep... I have a real problem. How can I criticize him when I am a walking a-hole?

If my avatar were a picture of dog crap with the words "picture of a Pinnacle pilot's brain" then you would have me. I'd be guilty.

Until then, check your attitude. We don't need people like you and DetoXJ thinking it's okay to bash Pinnacle as a group. Get real.

Mel, we have far more people who bash Pinnacle as group than you must realize.
I am unable to fly into MSP without witnessing something from one of their crews that is flat out stupid. I also have yet to have someone not laugh right along with me at them, or worse yet, not agree that we just witnessed the tip of a dangerous iceberg.
Go ahead, tell everyone how you're above poking fun at another pilot group. You're correct when you say that Detox and I aren't needed to poke fun at the Pinnacle pilots. They do that all by themselves, day in, day out, on a flight by flight basis.
I'm pissing you and a lot of the good Pinnacle pilots off. I know this. However, I want those who can make a difference over there to know that they are held in very low regard by their "siblings" at XJ. Please continue to point out how low I'm sinking by stating these opinions. It won't change my opinion, nor will you manage to quiet me.
I do not hate you or your opinions, however, I am sure that my stated opinions of Pinnacle are far more representative of what is thought of 9E pilots by XJ pilots.
I'm sure they have many fine pilots. I'm also sure that they have a tremendous amount of people over there who have a long way to go before they are truly competent airline pilots.

cathal said:
I'm sure they have many fine pilots. I'm also sure that they have a tremendous amount of people over there who have a long way to go before they are truly competent airline pilots.

They should be more like us, right? Just like the three Avro crews that flew around with an open write-up? Just like the Avro captain that tookoff with an open write-up and without the MM1? Just like the Saab crew that forgot to get gas before they left?

I agree there are some dipsticks over there. But we have our fair share here, too. Thanks for proving my point.

You can have your opinion, even though to me it is way too general. But to say most XJ pilots think Pinnacle pilots are idiots??? We obviously aren't flying with the same people.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back