Pinnacle Upgrade!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
Couldn't BELIEVE the company dragged out that old tired dog from last Christmas as their "last, best offer". Farging Iceholes... makes me glad to have it as a "previous employer" on my resume.

Tell me about it. I think they're trying to play the game of reduced expectations. Keep throwing that POS out on the table every few months and then maybe the pilots will be happy with something just a little bit better because "hey, it's better than that paycut they proposed on the last offers." Not working so far. The Wilson Polling data is still showing excellent numbers.

When are YOU getting out

Hey, I'm trying. Holy crap, am I trying. :) Resumes are just starting to go out now. I'll be hitting the Air Inc fairs too. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than getting out of here.

- just about everyone else either has, is in a pool somewhere, or has an interview lined up... Keep listening for a familiar voice with the "Flagship" callsigns and NADA!

I saw Chester the other day and we were talking about that. All the familiar faces are gone. Walk into the DTW crew room and you don't see hardly anyone that you remember from a few years ago. From what I hear there's still about 30 guys in the FedEx pool too. Things are definitely moving around here.

Lear70 said:
If so, that's going to create about 60 CA slots alone... Can PCL or DONDK verify this rumor? No offense Svetti, but I know who they are and don't know who you are. :)

The company approached the MEC about this and told us that there is a "possibility" that the 15 airplanes could come back, but nothing firm. The planes could still go to Mesaba, Newco, and stay in the desert. No guarantees that they'll be coming here anytime soon. Is that a carrot that I smell? ;)

I have a feeling that the 15 jets coming back was a rumor started by check airmen to screw with the pilot group. Anyone remember last year a certain group of check airmen reading the EMB170 manual in the lounge at the sims or carrying the manual around with him at the CEC just to get the pilots all wound up about more airplanes. Management i.e. Phil in his weekly a little while back message said that the 15 airplanes were not coming back as far as he knew. In addition if the planes were coming back that would have triggered a SEC filing for those airplanes, which there has been none filed. Sooooo I would call it check airmen screwing with the pilot group until I am proved otherwise. (I am not saying all of the check airmen but we know which ones are prone to yanking chains. In all honesty I think it is pretty funny how many people will jump at that stuff, hope is a very powerful thing.)

Alas I shall just sit and watch, who knows maybe I am wrong, I probably am wrong.

Fly Safe

OMG

OMG7778 said:
I have a feeling that the 15 jets coming back was a rumor started by check airmen to screw with the pilot group. Anyone remember last year a certain group of check airmen reading the EMB170 manual in the lounge at the sims or carrying the manual around with him at the CEC just to get the pilots all wound up about more airplanes.

For some of these idiots a 70 seat jet is the only way they can get a pay raise. Even if it's the lowest pay rate in the industry and screws every other carrier, they don't care. They hit the "Pinnacle" of their flying career and it sucks.

jc3 said:
Thanks for the imput, I got offered a job at pinnacle and I've heard allot of good and bad, but when I look at some of my other options they don't seem to add up. I can start class next month and know that I will have at least 3++ classes after me, 9e seems to be on a hiring rampage. Does anyone know how many thay put in each class?

Not to put a turd in your diaper, but that was the exact case when i got hired/furloughed at Comair last year.

Svetti Grundel doesn't know what he's talking about, don't trust him.

Ah, just kidding. I too heard the 15 planes coming back rumor, from many different sources. General consensus is they're coming back sometime later on this year at a rate of 2 per month, with almost all (or all) going to MEM.

flyf15 said:
Svetti Grundel doesn't know what he's talking about, don't trust him.

Ah, just kidding. I too heard the 15 planes coming back rumor, from many different sources. General consensus is they're coming back sometime later on this year at a rate of 2 per month, with almost all (or all) going to MEM.
Rumors, buddy... don't believe it until you're signing the release and the F/O's preflighting the aircraft.

Rook said:
I'm still here:bawling:
Yeah, but not for long I'd venture to bet! :D Don't you want to come fly with us? That Satellite XM radio is GREAT on those deadheads and the 100% pay for Deadheads and Cancellations is GREAT, not to mention the 150% premium pay for EVERYTHING!

Lear70 said:
Yeah, but not for long I'd venture to bet :D Don't you want to come fly with us? That Satellite XM radio is GREAT on those deadheads and the 100% pay for Deadheads and Cancellations is GREAT, not to mention the 150% premium pay for EVERYTHING!

(in my best Johnny Carson voice) I did not know that. That's some real wild stuff. Guess you got the boat back in one piece huh buddy? 100% for DH's and CX's? Wow! Hope all is well my friend.

Well, more or less one piece - LOL - it's a salvage boat so I'll be spending a lot of time this winter putting it back together. I mainly wanted it for the trailer and outdrive to use on my boat that's already back together for THIS season...

The airTran contract is awesome, I'd be happy for a few fixes to some QOL issues and COLA raises and keep on trucking for doubling the airline in size in 4-5 years. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back