Pinnacle Upgrade!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wudalmstfly4fre said:
How much longer is this hiring craze going to go on and are any new hires getting MEM.
Noone knows, but probably a while. It will probably continue until Big Red gives em the big F U, or until they land a decent contract, which will be a while.

I've heard that you can pretty much get what you want. If you don't get your first choice then you can move to the domicle you want after 2 or 3 months.

DoinTime said:
Upgrade is hanging out just under 2 years. I imagine attrition will continue as long as management views its employees as a liability.
Ain't that the truth...

My buddies there (fewer and fewer each month) keep telling me that the mass exodus continues. 20 or so resigned so far this month again.

Still over 50 Captains waiting in the pool at FedEx, some are starting to see class dates soon. That'll sting a bit when they all leave within 2 or 3 months...

Unless the RFP comes out with a large decrease in flying (which I have several $100 bets out on), hiring and upgrade will continue.

No airline job is ever "stable" or "safe" any more, except possibly Southwest, FedEx, and UPS and even then it's questionable. Welcome to aviation and good luck!

Hopefully there won't be to much decrease in 9e's flying, I've yet to even start thinking about 9e's contract negotiations, but I've pretty much decided that it's better to get on some where and start building senority then sitting around trying to guess what's going to happen. I've just heard that the best thing you can do is try to get in before a hiring wave.

Lear70 said:
Unless the RFP comes out with a large decrease in flying (which I have several $100 bets out on

Dang it, I was hoping you'd forgotten about that! :D

PCL_128 said:
Dang it, I was hoping you'd forgotten about that! :D
Nope,,,

But I might WISH I had if it swings in your favor. ;) Taking a $25k pay cut SUCKS!!

Couldn't BELIEVE the company dragged out that old tired dog from last Christmas as their "last, best offer". Farging Iceholes... makes me glad to have it as a "previous employer" on my resume.

When are YOU getting out - just about everyone else either has, is in a pool somewhere, or has an interview lined up... Keep listening for a familiar voice with the "Flagship" callsigns and NADA!

Lear70 said:
My buddies there (fewer and fewer each month) keep telling me that the mass exodus continues. 20 or so resigned so far this month again.

This couldn't make management more happy. You would think they would like people to stay to avoid training costs, but when you stay, you cost more. Much nicer to have a CA at 1 or 2 year pay than one at 4 or 5.

Jc3, every person in the last three new hire classes has received their first choice for domicile. Historically, the ebb and flow of slots at the bases can change quickly (Northwest changes the amount of flying they need at each domicile constantly and with little predictability, from what I understand). However, the company is so short of pilots that all three bases really need pilots. At the current attrition rate, I can't imagine the situation changing any time soon. Furthermore, 9E's getting back the 15 Wells Fargo planes that were parked in the fall when Northwest rejected the leases those aircraft (don't ask me how they're going to crew them). I'm not sure if it has been substantiated, but I've heard most or all of the flying created by the fifteen will be in MEM. The 36 open FO slots in MEM on the last domicile bid sheet would support that. Memphis should be no problem to hold.

How long is the crazy hiring supposed to continue; I've heard at least through the end of the year. The hiring could continue indefinitely or it could end sooner than the end of the year, it really is completely dependant on what happens with NWA. Regardless of what anyone says will happen, it's all just speculation. Personally, I'm more optimistic then others who have posted here, but that's a severely beaten, severely dead horse.

Holy sandstorm, Batman... hadn't heard the 15 were coming back from being parked.

If so, that's going to create about 60 CA slots alone... Can PCL or DONDK verify this rumor? No offense Svetti, but I know who they are and don't know who you are. :)

That's going to create a staffing nightmare, shorting the airline about 120 F/O's (60 to upgrade, 60 new-hires), not INCLUDING attrition. Wow... good news for new-hires, seniority going up FAST!

Lear70 said:
Holy sandstorm, Batman... hadn't heard the 15 were coming back from being parked.

If so, that's going to create about 60 CA slots alone... Can PCL or DONDK verify this rumor? No offense Svetti, but I know who they are and don't know who you are. :)

That's going to create a staffing nightmare, shorting the airline about 120 F/O's (60 to upgrade, 60 new-hires), not INCLUDING attrition. Wow... good news for new-hires, seniority going up FAST!

that rumor was floating around a couple weeks ago, but it was squashed pretty quicky. And if i recall correctly that rumor came out about the same time management gave us the rehashed proposal from last christmas. It would be nice to get more planes, but I wouldnt count on it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back