• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle to get 17 more CRJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is all nice words on paper. Those 17 are not going to 9E. They just put that out there so when the pilots don’t get a deal by March they are made out to look bad. 9E is not going to have a pilot agreement until the next President is elected. It’s another empty threat from PT and gang, but I got faith in Pinnacle Pilots to bring home a good TA.

I disagree. The planes are coming to 9E but the threat is Idle. It is an empty threat to attempt to pressure us into a bad deal. It will not work. As far as I care they can keep their 17 measly airplanes.

If this is true then why isn't the bid for 50 captains? (3.5 per a/c x 17 a/c) Most airlines have more crews but 9E runs "lean". That's with no attrition.
Because 9E has never staffed at 7 crews per aircraft. 9E staffs normally around 4 to 4.5 crews per aircraft.

So, for 15 initial aircraft back from the desert at 2.25 crews per a/c is 33 Captains (approximately).

Hey Lear70,

Dont know you and never had the oppurtunity to fly with ya..But Im on the edge of upgrading and on the edge of bankrupcy..Just wondering what you think about this Compass deal and if its even worth a guy looking into? Or If I should hold out for upgrade at PCL, the thing is I need MSP I cant be a Comuter.
Well, I'm a bit out of touch with PCL upgrades these days,,, but Compass, if it even happens with an external certificate outside the existing red-tail fleet, will be an outside bet unless you could get hired as a street CA.

Put your app in EVERYWHERE you might like to work, then make the decision after you have the job offer. If nothing else, it will be good interview experience for that BIG call later on, as well as keep you informed about the industry as a whole (every pilot should understand what's going on at the other Regionals as well as the Majors).

MSP CA slots were easier to come by when I was there, as a CA stuck 25 from the bottom of the CA list for 3 years, I could hold ANY domicile on reserve, so obviously things have shifted to MSP as a senior base in the last 6 months or so.

Your best bet is to simply look at who the junior CA is in MSP and how many people junior to him are around the system and how that has changed in the last 6 months. If you see a lot of MSP movement, then you can time the upgrade-to-MSP transition pretty accurately (I did this a lot when base-hopping for $$$). If you don't...

Also watch this big bid,,, things have a tendency to shift, depending on which base has the best QOL for commuters which still, as I understand it, make up about 70% of the PCL pilots.

Either way, jumping ship to another carrier usually ends up hurting you if it's a lateral move without a big bump in pay and/or QOL. Better to wait it out.

SEVEN? hello are you there? This is the time when you come and say that you were wrong about 9E losing a bunch of planes? And remember that you said no growth either? Right?

I disagree. The planes are coming to 9E but the threat is Idle. It is an empty threat to attempt to pressure us into a bad deal. It will not work. As far as I care they can keep their 17 measly airplanes.

Think about it, between now and March NWA will buy XJ. Then it will be time to start cranking up the growth for the spin-off. They will pick up the parked 15 plus the 1 Compass has in addition to the 36 -900s. If you read the press release you will see that 9E has a lock on the 50 seaters that will fly for NWA, with the exception of the 17. Eggs in one basket, I don’t think so.

I don't even care about those 17 planes, sure I want them, but now that we have the ability to fly for other carriers, that is golden!

Think about it, between now and March NWA will buy XJ. Then it will be time to start cranking up the growth for the spin-off. They will pick up the parked 15 plus the 1 Compass has in addition to the 36 -900s. If you read the press release you will see that 9E has a lock on the 50 seaters that will fly for NWA, with the exception of the 17. Eggs in one basket, I don’t think so.

The ASA says that we WILL get delivered 17 aircraft in 2007. They can take them back if we dont have a pilot agreement. Now if by some miracle we agree on a contract between now and march 31 they are ours regardless. Still I dont really care if we get a wopping 17 planes, I want a good contract. Now.

No its just a guess, and I hope to god It's not Comair's flying even though it probably would be. It would be nice if it was a non Alpa carrier for once.

Like you said, getting a contract soon might be a miracle, but If we do, we could see Skywest like growth

Latest resources

Back